#Steve: Vincent

#Steve X Reader

A/N: This is my second time writing this bloody one shot because my computer froze the first time I tried to post it! Well anyway, I hope you guys like it and for best reading experience, please listen to Vincent towards the end of one shot:) 

The chaos erupted around you. You fought and slashed, taking out as many men as possible. The Hydra ship rocked slightly underneath your feet as you, Bucky and Steve, your boyfriend for a year, tried to take down the Hydra men while Natasha extracted Hydra's information from the main system on the lower deck.

It was a loud crash towards the end of the ship that caught your attention. You snapped around, smashing a man onto the deck as you did so. You glared up and saw Steve being pinned to the floor by a crowd of armed men. Your heart leapt and besides you, Bucky finished another man and stilled at the sight. "Back me up!" You shouted and without waiting for his response, you sprinted for Steve. To your horror, you saw a massive figure towered above Steve. A deep cut prickled above your boyfriend's cheekbone as he grimaced painfully, trying to struggle free.

The man pulled off Steve's helmet forcefully and grabbed his hair, jerking Steve's head back and laughed. You pushed yourself, your breath ragged from the day's work but when the man pulled out a gun, you knew you would do anything to stop him.

The click of a fully loaded gun sounded in your head. Without any hesitation, you smacked your body into the man, who was three times your size. The two of you crushed onto the floor and he cursed loudly. The commotion continued around you but you paid no attention. This man was so close to finishing off your boyfriend, the unbearable thought led you to pull out your dagger that you had hidden underneath your belt. You set your jaw and was ready to strike.

Three loud gun shots rang through the air. The night stilled. You glanced down to the man's chest, where you had driven your dagger into the small gap between his ribs. The body was slacked underneath you, but as you peered further down, you caught sight of the growing red patch.

Gasping for breath, you rolled over and collapsed onto the floor. You groaned and gagged, the pain igniting and burning within you. Instantly, a pair of strong arms slid under you and moved you closer to the person. You winced immediately, and the person stilled, regretting his action. "I'm so sorry," Steve mumbled and applied pressure to your wound with a shaking hand. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. You shouldn't have-"

You shook your head weakly. "The mission?" You asked hoarsely, your eyes tearing up as you felt the life slip out of you.

"I've taken care of them bastards."

You turned slightly to Bucky's voice. The assassin's face was pale, and his eyes were wide and though he was trying to hide it, you could tell he was scared and anxious for you. Silently, he knelt next to Steve.

"Stay with me, sweetheart," Steve's voice cracked as the soldier tried to collect himself. He smoothed out the hair around your face frame with a trembling hand. You had never seen Steve cry, and you would have never imagined yourself to be the reason behind Steve's tears. But here he was, tears sliding down his cheeks as he tried to keep his sweetheart with him. "Y/N, please."

You knew you wasn't going to make it. His pair of baby blues were your world. You held onto the sight of them and drank them in, anchoring yourself with him for as long as possible. You attempted to reach up and feel his face for the last time, but you could only bring your hand up to his chest.Steve held it there, close to his heart. "The night is beautiful," You croaked and Steve placed a kiss upon your forehead gently, but his lips shook.

"The stars shine brighter when I'm with you, babe," Steve whispered and smiled through his tears. "I love you, Y/N."

You choked back a sob and breathed against his lips when he leaned in for a peck. "I love you too, Steve. More than anything."

When he leaned back, you could see the stars again. "Remember the song?" You whispered quietly, feeling your life ticking out. Steve knew at once. You didn't even have to finish. He knew and adored your geeky little secret and he loved it with the whole of his heart.

"Of course, dear," he said softly. A night like this would of course remind you and him of the song Vincent. "Starry starry night.." Steve sang quietly, his voice like a lullaby, luring you to sleep. His arms felt right to be the last place that you would ever lie in.

As he sang on, the sky flickered with stars behind him. Bucky and Natasha were stilled as they companied the moment with sorrow. The ship rocked slightly as the waves roamed underneath the weight. You smiled for the last time as you drifted into an endless sleep in Steve's embrace.