#Bucky: You're Late

Bucky X Reader

A/N: Here you go, lovely readers:) Thank you for all the supports that I've received from #Steve: You're Late! If you have an idea for a request, the submit box is still open:)

"Bucky! We're going to be late!" You called from the bathroom. Your brows knitted as you attempted to put on your favourite necklace, which Bucky had gotten for you last Christmas. When you heard no answer from him, you left your bathroom and went into the main room in search for your boyfriend.

A chuckle left your lips when you caught sight of Bucky, his shoulders slumped and his mouth pouted as he sat on the sofa, his eyes fixed on the television. "What are you watching, babe?" you questioned and dropped yourself next to him. Of course, he was watching Discovery Channel with the animals program. Bucky was obsessed with it ever since he had settled down from the Winter Soldier's phrase. 

"I don't want to go," Bucky murmured lowly, determination flickered in his eyes. You suppressed a smile and rested your head against his shoulder. You knew that at times Bucky could be difficult like a child, but you understood. Bucky had lost so much time being controlled and used, he deserved to be slightly childish at times.

Sensing your close presence, Bucky exhaled comfortably and leaned into you, placing his head gently upon yours. "But Tony's organised this," you reasoned, your fingers toying with your necklace. "According to Pepper, Tony is rather excited about our meeting."

"I don't want to see his cars," Bucky replied and you could hear the annoyance in his voice. "It's boring. I just want to spend my evening with you, Y/N. Alone."

Your heart almost skipped a beat when you heard his words. Biting your lips to hide a smile, you moved away on purpose and Bucky protested at once. "Well, what am I supposed to tell Pepper then?" You sighed loudly just to make sure Bucky could hear it. Your boyfriend turned to face you, his light eyes bright from the flickering image on the television. 

"You don't have to tell her anything." A smug smile tugged at Bucky's lips slowly. "The others can think what they want to think. They will come up with a reason themselves." You caught glimpse of the mischief in Bucky's glinting eyes and blushed. Honestly, the others would see Bucky as the cold and distant Soviet assassin at first glance, but once you had gotten close to him, you knew he could be cheeky in his own, subtle way.

"Bucky," you accused but a grin was plastered on your lips already. Leaning in, Bucky kissed you and shared a laugh. "Last time was embarrassing enough," you complained once your boyfriend had pulled away. You scowled at the memory, when Bucky had kissed you in the elevator at Stark's. You two were caught red handed when the elevator doors slid open, revealing various reactions from the Avengers on the top floor.

"It was entertaining," Bucky remarked matter-of-factly. When you didn't reply, Bucky's eyes darted to your hands mindlessly and reached for the necklace. "Here," he gestured for you to turn and tenderly, he moved your hair onto one shoulder, his fingers lightly grazing upon the skin. His metal hand stood in contrast to his flesh one and you fluttered your eyes close at the closeness with the assassin. You could almost feel his breath on your neck. 

You could only feel the necklace being dangle inches away from you skin before landing on your collar perfectly, the charm sitting at where it belonged. Bucky was always light and gentle with you. To him, you were the most valuable good that he wanted to keep forever. When you two first gotten together, Bucky had been reluctant with holding your hand with his metal one, for he was afraid to hurt you. It would be his worst nightmare. "You look beautiful," his words were right next to your ear, and you resisted to shiver.

"Bucky," you whined and turned to face him again. Attempting to hide your flushing cheeks, you snuggled up against him and felt his chest vibrating with rare laughter. "You're distracting me. I know what you're trying to do."

"At least I know it's work," he remarked and leaned back with you in his arms. Content and comforted, you put your arms around his neck and sighed. 

"Maybe we should stay in," you suggested and chuckled, "Can you imagine Stark's face when he knows that we're not coming."

"He'll only be jealous," Bucky began playing with your hair mindlessly. The narrator on the television continued to describe the daily duties of a mockingly. "Cause he ain't going to spend the evening with the loveliest dime in the neighbourhood."

You peered up at your boyfriend, only to be met with the softest gaze that was filled with nothing but love.