#Steve: Discovering Fanfictions

#Steve X Reader requested by 

A/N: This was hilarious to write. If I have to be honest, I'm supposed to be doing my holiday work right now but oh well, Marvel is more important, don't you think? ;)

*****

"A what fiction?"

Steve's question only brought a brighter grin on Tony's face. The billionaire rubbed his hands together in anticipation. "Over here, Capsicle." He gestured towards his work bench and Steve followed reluctantly, throwing you a confused frown while you were trying to suppress a laugh desperately. 

It all started out as a joke. Clint was rather tipsy in one evening. Without Steve or Bruce at the tower, everybody was more loosened up, in another word, more reckless. You were discussing with Natasha about some rumours that you had heard in Hell's Kitchen, something about a masked man saving people at night, when Clint burped and asked, "has anyone of you heard of fanfictions?"

Pepper rolled her eyes and leaned back into the sofa, allowing Tony to speak up in pride, "Yes, I have. I'm glad that you have mentioned it. Jarvis has informed me about this new, exotic art the other day-"

Pepper snorted. "A fanfiction?" Natasha questioned while Clint laughed away at Tony's response. 

The billionaire nodded solemnly and placed a hand over his chest, "Yes, indeed, my friend. They're stories that our fans write about us. You should have read this fanfic about me. They've got all the details right-"

"No, Tony," Pepper interrupted him sarcastically, "You don't have a six pack."

Ignoring Tony's furious gasp and Clint's growing fit, you asked, "Do they have stories about everyone in Avengers?"

"You came up in few of my research results too, miss." Came Jarvis' robotic response from the system. 

"Me?" You raised an eyebrow, finding a new interest in the matter. "What is it about?" 

That was when Tony decided to stand and cut Jarvis off. He announced it was time for him to retire with Pepper, not before smirking at you as if there was a cunning plan forming in his head. As if.

Yet here you were today, messaged by Tony to get to Stark Tower ASAP, only to find a rather puzzled Steve waiting in Stark's massive living room. Few minutes later, Tony had arrived to greet you two, thus mentioning fanfictions. Your heart sank in dread. The billionaire wouldn't stop glancing between you and Captain. Peering up at the super soldier next to you, you gulped.

"Do you have any idea what he is planning, Y/N?" Steve whispered when Tony had gone to set up his flickering screens that were equivalent to one's computer. You shook your head and shrugged. Sighing, Steve gave you a little smile, causing your heart to jump. 

He was adorable. You hoped it wasn't obvious but your crush on Captain was worsening everyday. Today, Steve was rocking out in his illegally tight leather jacket and by god, he looked good. "A fanfiction, gramp," Tony explained once more, pulling you out of your train of thoughts. 

Someone mumbled from far behind. Startled, you peeked over Tony's shoulder to catch glimpse of an exhausted Bruce, trying to take a nap on one of Tony's sofas. "Not again, Tony," the scientist muttered before turning away from the party once more.

"What are we doing here, Tony?" Steve inquired in exasperation, but was only cut short when Tony pushed a screen towards him. 

"They're stories written by your fans. Here's one. Read it."

Steve widened his eyes in surprise. "Really?" The soldier sounded excited. "Are they like the old classic Captain America comics?" He wondered out loud, earning a snicker from Tony and a moan from Bruce. A relaxed smile tugged at Steve's lips and then a beam, "Oh, look, Y/N! You're in this one with me too! Apparently, we were on some sort of mission..."