#Bucky: He's Jealous

#Bucky X Reader requested by Tumblr user

A/N: This one shot is inspired by Tear In My Heart by Twenty One Pilots. I was supposed to only come up with an one-shot for either Bucky or Steve, but I ended up having ideas for both of the boys, hence I'm going to post Steve's one shot afterwards:)

It was a Monday afternoon, and you were working with your good friend at the tower, since the two of you were engineers of Stark's. Greg, your good friend, was being his goofy self as usual, which was handy when it was boring old Monday. You were laughing at something that he had said when the elevator to your floor rang. The metal doors slid apart, revealing a broad figure that belonged to your boyfriend, Bucky.

His eyes were always cold and distant to strangers, yet when they settled on you, his blue glints would turn soft and gentle. Today he had his dark hair tied to a little ponytail, and he was wearing sleeveless top, showing off his muscular arm and metal arm.

You didn't see him at first. Greg's puns were especially bad this morning, hence you found it even more hilarious when your good friend thought he was actually being funny. You also didn't notice how every worker in Bucky's path had fell silent, probably intimidated by his assassin aura.

When Bucky had finally reached your desk, many were throwing peeks in your direction. Greg held his stomach from laughing too much and glanced up.

"Y/N."

You looked up at Bucky's voice, your eyes widened in surprise. "Bucky!" You squealed and jumped up from your chair. Without thinking twice, you threw your arms around Bucky and the man held onto you dearly. Your hugs were always like this. Perhaps Bucky was afraid that somehow he was going to forget about you one day, or even, lose you, he would put his arms around you protective and press you against him tightly, as in his body could memorise your curves and edges.

"I've bought you lunch," Bucky said in his usual low voice. "Steve helped. Apparently he doesn't trust me around fire." You pulled away from him the moment you realised everybody was staring, and blushed vigorously.

"That's so sweet of you," you grinned at your boyfriend. Standing on your tip toe, you pecked his cheek, but it did occur to you that your boyfriend was currently staring Greg down.

Greg, being his oblivious self, smiled at Bucky and waited for you to introduce you two. "Bucky," you started quickly and dropped your hand so you could hold his. He grabbed your hand tenderly and ran a thumb along your fingers, a habit of his when he was thinking. "This is Greg. He's a good friend. Greg, this is Bucky, my boyfriend."

Standing up from his chair, Greg reached out to shake Bucky's other free hand. The man had a beam on his face, but when you peered at your boyfriend, you noted the scowl on the assassin's face instantly. "Hello," Bucky almost growled.

"I'm so pleased to finally meet you," Greg remarked, "Y/N has told me a lot about you."

Which you didn't honestly. You didn't like to talk about Bucky at work. Last time they asked about your boyfriend, you might have mentioned a bus driver or someone. You forgot and you regretted it. "Y/N has said you are a worker at Disney?" Grey tilted his head curiously at Bucky. Your body went stiff next to you, and you wondered if he even knew what Disney was. Opting to ignore Greg's comment, Bucky glanced around and picked up a piece of blue print from your desk. You knew for sure that you would have to explain Disney to Bucky tonight. The image of him wearing a Mickey Mouse hat was actually quite entertaining.

"We're coming up with a new formula-" Greg, catching sight of the blue print, rushed to explain instantly but Bucky cut him off.

The assassin gazed at your worker coldly before remarking, "Yeah, I know."

"You did engineering?" Greg asked in astonishment. "Y/N has never said!"

You flushed and leaned into Bucky, wishing you could die in a hole right now. This was more than awkward. Bucky sneaked a arm around your waist assuring and kissed the top of your head. "Yeah, there's a lot that Y/N didn't say about me."

Looking at you two, Greg shrugged and returned to his work. You peeked up at Bucky sheepishly and the assassin arched an eyebrow in amusement. "What the hell is a Disney?" He whispered and you bit down a giggle painfully.

Well, tonight was going to be fun at Y/N and Bucky's apartment.