#Bucky: Let's Start Again

A/N: I'm going through sorta rough time. Been watching Good Will Hunting for two evenings in a roll now (it's my feel good/sad movie). You guys make me happy though, hence here I am, writing this slightly weird one-shot because I'm really, really thankful for each and every one of you:) x

You stared on in amusement. The Winter Soldier was solely mesmerised by the description on the back of this tea box. "Fascinating," he murmurs, his eyes trained on the words. "Jasmine pearls..Interesting."

So it all started when Tony couldn't stand having Bucky hanging around the Tower anymore. Apparently, Bucky crept the hell out of him. But Tony knew that if he had admitted it in the Winter Soldier's face, he wouldn't even last a second without his suit. And since Steve was away to check on Sam, who had apparently let someone into one of the Avengers' bases ("Cap, nothing happened-" "Sam, one of the agents called cause she's worried. She said something about you fighting a tiny man-" "What? I don't know what you're on about..") it was up to you to look after Bucky. 

"James," you almost whined, balling your hands into fists by your side. "Can we go now? You have been wondering in the tea aisle for ages!" 

As one of Fury's most trusted agents, you were usually pretty good at keeping your cool. But today you were losing your patience. It was supposed to be your day off. Once in a few months. Yet now, just because the stupid Tony Stark had run home to Mama Fury and complained about the Winter Soldier, the director had decided to put you on the post of Bucky's babysitter. He said only you could deal with him, but you knew it was only because no one wanted to hang around grumpy Bucky when Steve was absent. 

Bucky's eyebrows dropped as he frowned at you, finally lifting his eyes off the tea box. "Y/N, how many times do I have to ask you to call me Bucky. James sounds too formal."

You gawked at this man, this ex-Soviet assassin, who didn't like it when people were nervous and formal around him. He probably hadn't realised that he had literally the coldest resting bitch face you had ever encountered. You shrugged and let him to his business. You knew very well that Bucky didn't like it when you called him James, but for some reasons, you loved annoying him. Seeing the frustration in his expression was priceless, and you entertained yourself by pushing his buttons and stepping on his limits. Even Barton admitted that he aspired to be like you some day. Though you knew very much that Barton just wanted to see you get beat up.

"Oh, I love Jasmine pearls!"

You whipped around at the voice, only to see an old lady rocking up to a wide eyed Bucky slowly. Her lips gradually cracking into a bright grin as she pointed a bony finger at the blue box that Bucky was holding. "It's very nice," she commented and glanced up at Bucky, "Young man, you have very fine taste."

Bucky scratched his chin and blinked helplessly. Crossing your arms, you leaned against the shelf to watch the scene unfold with bemusement. "Uh," he stuttered, playing with the blue box with his flesh hand and dropping his metal one. "Thanks." He was dangerously close to crumbling the paper box.

The old lady turned her attention to some of the other coloured boxes on the shelves. "These are good too," she introduced, moving her shaky finger to another set of tea bags. "Do you prefer black or green tea? Sweet or smoky?"

Bucky was at a loss of words. He threw a look of despair over at you, but you merely smirked and shrugged at him. Biting his lip, he gave in and nodded to the old lady as she mumbled on. To be fair, you never knew what it was that made you dislike Bucky. Sure he was good looking, and he was nice too, post Winter Soldier phase. But you just loved annoying the crap out of him, and making sure that he disliked you back. 

Maybe there was something that you couldn't quite admit to yourself. Perhaps that was why you were trying so fiercely to distant the two of you.

"Excuse me." The stranger's voice settled you, snapping you out of your trance. Moving back, you allowed the man to reach for the item on the shelf that you had been leaning on.