#Bucky: Baking Time!

#Bucky Barnes X Reader requested by 

A/N: Okay I'm really sorry about my last one-shot. The reference to Civil War might be a bit too cruel hence here I am, writing a super fluff for y'all;) It just basically involves a clueless Bucky trying to bake with the reader. Enjoy!

*****

You and Bucky had been friends since the first day he joined the Avengers at Stark Tower. You were there along as he recovered from the days of Winter Soldier. To Bucky, you were one of those few people that he was willing to trust after Hydra.

As days went by, Bucky was getting better. He had days when he was the grumpiest cat in the whole tower, where no one dared to inch near him (Steve would be reluctant, too. But he wouldn't isolate his best friend entirely for fear of losing his perfect teeth). Yet there were days when Bucky would just go around like the Brooklyn boy that he used to be, throwing slangs and flirty remarks about.

Today was one of those few days when most of the Avengers were out on missions. Being a good friend to Steve and Tony, you had promised the soldier to stay and look after Bucky, while vowing to the billionaire that you would make sure Bucky didn't destroy his and Pepper's love nest.

Leaning further into the comfiest sofa that you had ever encountered (It's Stark's. What could you have expected?), you sighed with a mug of tea in hands. In a nut shell, you were assigned to babysit Bucky Barnes.

The morning had been quiet and peaceful. You spent a good hour catching up with some TV shows before you heard a bedroom door clicked open, followed by the sound of bare feet paddling across the floor. The soldier arrived with heavy lidded eyes, his dark hair a cute mess on his head. "Good morning, sarge," you greeted and gave a little wave as Sherlock rolled out its credits on the screen.

"Morning, doll," Bucky greeted back with a groggy voice. Your cheeks flushed at his nickname for you as you averted his gaze. The man stretched and yawned, displaying his built figure shamelessly. Even though you hated to admit it, since you wanted a professional relationship next to friendship with everybody in the tower, but your crush on Bucky was growing. You were hoping time would wash it away but hell, Bucky was hard to resist. 

Bucky slumped onto the spot next to you and eyed your tea. "Where are the others?" he questioned mindlessly as he glanced around the empty room. 

"They're on missions. I'm here to keep you company. Besides, Steve pays nicely," you were joking about the last bit, but Bucky's eyes lit up attentively before you had barely finished the sentence.

"Does that mean I get to spend the day with the crew's princess?" 

You blushed and frowned, "Yes and no. Yes we get to spend the day together and no I'm nobody's princess." A delinquent smirk played at Bucky's lips. He bit back the words that he was about to say and leaned back. 

"Alright then," the soldier placed his hands behind his head and relaxed besides you, "what shall we do today, Y/N?" You were almost gaping at the sight of Bucky grinning, but you recovered yourself soon enough and started to have a look around.

"The others would be exhausted when they're back," you pondered out loud. Then, an idea popped in your head, "Shall we bake a cake for the others! They'd love that!"

Your eyes were glinting with childlike excitement. Bucky's face broke into a beam the moment he saw your smile. "Whatever you say, princess," the soldier remarked and jumped onto his feet. He extended a hand and you took it, allowing him to pull you up, almost falling into his arms. You could tell he was in one of those Brooklyn-mode days, and frankly, you loved it.

Bucky began fiddling around cupboards, picking out flour, sugar, butter and all that sort. You found a cook book that Pepper kept on the counter and chose the perfect peach cake recipe. "Buck," you called and the soldier was by your side in no time. "Look," you said softly as you read through the instructions, "this cake looks amazing. Should we make this?"