#Stucky: Memories

Steve X Bucky requested by a Tumblr user.

A/N: I feel like this is like a special edition since the book is supposed to be Bucky/ Steve X Reader, but someone on Tumblr has requested a Stucky one and I thought it'd be nice to share it with you guys. So yeah, if you're not a fan of Stucky, please don't read this. If not, I hope you enjoy this one shot!:)

The Winter Soldier was trained as the most feared assassin. He was not supposed to feel or attach himself to anyone. But here he was, after another painful wipe, hoping he would fathom where this piece of memory had come from.

The skinny boy picked up his pace to catch up with him. The Winter Soldier was smiling, and the expression felt wicked in his face. "Come on, we're going to be late for the pictures!" The boy gushed, even though he was the slower one among the two of them. His blond hair was light and fair under the afternoon sun.

"We will be on time, Steve," the Winter Soldier's voice sounded casual and lazy, triggering a sentimental feeling in the assassin' stomach. Who was this Steve? The boy next to him stumbled and almost tripped. With his heart pounding loudly in his chest, the Winter Soldier reached out rapidly and grabbed the boy's slim arm. He sighed in relief. "Won't you be more careful, punk?" frowning, the Winter Soldier muttered.

The blond boy caught his gaze and grinned, nagging at his heart and causing the Winter Soldier to jerk back to reality.

The boy's name lingered in the Winter Soldier's mind. The assassin stared at the wall in front of him, his mind drifting back and forth from his memory. The image of the boy had left him overwhelmed and almost...sad. It felt strange, being in the memory and watching the scene unfolded like he was an outsider peeking into a window. It had felt like home.

"Give him another wipe," a man in a long lab coat ordered, tossing a cold glance at the Winter Soldier. "He's unstable." Pairs of hands pushed him towards the the chair. Internally, the Winter Soldier knew he was not to disobey. But something told him otherwise, and the electric shock blasted his head as another memory jotted to him.

The skinny boy was being punched to a plump in an alley, and the Winter Soldier didn't hesitate for a beat before hurrying to the party. "Hey!" He called out, his voice sounding foreign to himself. He landed a hand on the jerk who had been beating the skinny boy and pulled him back. The man glared at him but the Winter Soldier felt nothing but anger in his chest. "Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" he snapped and avoided the guy's punch easily. He had something more urgent to attend to. With ease, he literally kicked the guy's bottom and sent the bully stumbling away. Turning to his friend, the Winter Soldier approached the same blond haired boy.

His chest was taut with worries but he let none of that showed. He picked up a document that had fallen from the boy's jacket and read it with a frown. "You know it's illegal to falsely report your information, right?" the Winter Soldier shook his head at the boy. What was his name again?

The boy averted his gaze and walked past him. The Winter Soldier stared momentarily. Oh, of course. It was Steve.

The Winter Soldier was lying flat on his so called bed. He was exhausted, mentally and physically. The last wipe had left him breathless, as he tried to collect himself in vain attempt to restore his dignity. Reaching up, he ran a hand over his face, which was a big mistake. Because his hand had felt cold, and when the Winter Soldier pulled back his hand to take a look, he could only see flash of metal and glimpse of horror. He was not the same person as he remembered. Was he not the same guy that had been looking after Steve?

He growled when another memory drowned his mind, leading him further down the spiral that he knew would end in nowhere.

It was confusing and unsettling. There were fires and explosions. He was running on a metal bridge. A man was taking the lead at front, his broad back was visible in the thick smokes. Then, they had reached a junction point, where the man had stepped aside to let the Winter Soldier through first. He hurried, climbing over the rail and hoping he would be fast enough so the man behind could follow suit.

But the bridge had given way. The Winter Soldier had landed on the other side with a leap, but there was nothing between the men. For a moment, they just stared at the licking fire between them in shock. "Go, Bucky!" The man who was left behind had finally come to his senses. He shouted at the assassin, hoping he would go and save his own ass.

The Winter Soldier stared, his hands gripping onto the rails tightly as he took in the blond hair that peeked out from under the man's helmet, the strange looking shield that had stars on it, and his broad figure. All along, the Winter Soldier wouldn't admit why he couldn't love the girls around him anymore. But now, he gave in. His heart was already stolen years, and years ago, by his only best friend.

It was Steve. He remembered.

He glared with determination. Steve's voice was echoing in his head as another bomb went off, his own voice shouted, "NOT WITHOUT YOU!"

His name was Bucky. Steve had said his name, and of course, the Winter Soldier would remember.