#Steve: Demons-Part Two

#Steve X Reader

A/N: Part two to Demons as requested:) Whoop whoop!

The night's events were a blur in your mind. You remembered trying to pluck the piece go glass into Steve's chest. But you were knocked off your the soldier by a brutal force. You stumbled and rolled upon the floor, gaining your footing easily as you glared up at the incomer. Sam, standing between you and Steve, held up a hand gravely. Before you could do anything however, Natasha jumped on your back and swirled you around. You grunted and struggled, but she had you in a tight headlock.

You couldn't be more thankful more Natasha for knocking you out.

You woke up in a one of Tony's guest room. Blinking furiously as you tried to get used to the harsh light from the floor-to-ceiling windows, you pushed yourself up.

Only to realise you couldn't.

You stared at the restrains around your wrists. "Well, good morning, sleeping beauty." You snapped your head up at the voice, only to meet eyes with Bucky Barnes, one of your closest friends among the Avengers. The dark circles under his eyes showed his lack of rest, but as per usual, he had a boyish smirk on his face. His arms were crossed as he sat back in his chair, observing you with an open manner.

"Where's the others?" You asked quietly. Your throat felt like sandpaper as you spoke. Your question was merely a way for you to ask if you had really done what you wanted to do with Steve when you weren't yourself.

Pushing himself off the chair, he headed over to your bed lazily. Ever since Bucky had recovered from his Winter Soldier's phrase, everybody had taken notice of Bucky's confident self. Steve wasn't joking when he said his best friend was a flirt. "Can you imagine my reaction when Clint called, telling me one of my best friend is trying to kill my other best friend?" When he noticed you were silent, he met your eyes and saw the graveness behind your glints. He gulped.

"Nick told us about it," Bucky explained quietly, the assassin's intense gaze was on you. "Your last mission on Hydra and your problem. None of us is mad that you have kept this from us. We know there must be a reason that you did it. We all have secrets, don't we?"

When he tried to undo the restrains on you, you stopped him at once. He arched an eyebrow at you quizzically but you only stared back with tears welled up in your sight. "He knows as well?" You whispered in horror. It didn't take two for Bucky to understand that you were referring to Steve. He nodded silently and leaned back on his heels. "So he knows," you murmured to yourself, then to him, "That I'm a monster. I even tried to kill him."

Your voice broke, and Bucky cut in rapidly. "You weren't yourself, Y/N-" He was interrupted when Jarvis spoke up from the system.

"Mr. Barnes, Captain Rogers wishes to have a word with Miss Y/L/N."

Glancing at the door, Bucky sighed and took a step back. "You two talk. I'll be in the kitchen in you need me, doll."

You watched your good friend leave. Your eyes were glued to the wall as you felt your world fall apart around you. That was it. Steve was going to come in and tell you how terrible he felt about your situation, and that you two were meant to be.

A fat tear rolled down your cheek as you waited for your doom. But you didn't even catch it when the door creaked open. Steve slid into the room noiselessly, his broad figure was massive compared to yours. "Y/N," he called softly, making you flinch in your spot. You whipped around to face him, your lips trembled. The soldier approached your bed and sat on the edge of the mattress quietly, the bed shifted under his weight.

You waited, your hands clutching each other tightly as you tried to stop your whole being from shaking. "Are you alright, love?" Steve asked quietly as he reached out with one hand. His fingers caressed your jaw as he examined your face in concern. You caught glimpse of the bruises and cuts that you had left on your boyfriend's face, and your heart sank.

"I should be the one asking you, Steve," you whispered and glanced at him in disbelief. "You have seen the monster in me. You can leave now if you want to, I understand."

The shocked expression on Steve's face stopped you whole. "What are you talking about, Y/N?" Steve gasped in bewilderment before holding your face in those large hands of his. "I am never going to leave you, especially after what Fury has told us." You watched your boyfriend, your chest was bursting with the brightest firework in February. "I promised myself that I am going to make sure you're safe and sound from now on. You don't have to be afraid anymore. I'm always going to be here if you need me, and you don't have to hide anything from me. I'm never going to leave you. You know why?"

You shook your head, a smile forming at your dry lips as tears escaped your eyes. Steve's gaze softened, and tenderly, he wiped away your tears with his thumbs.

"Because I love you, Y/N," he said alas. His words filling up the holes in your chest. Leaning in, he pressed his forehead against yours as you placed your hands upon his. In that moment, you two were one, and you knew you would never have to be afraid again.

You were sure of it.