#Bucky: Last Night With Him

Bucky X Reader requested by @BeautifulBlues ;)

A/N: I wrote this one shot while listening to this amazing soundtrack from The Amazing Spider-Man:) I hope you like it!

You glanced into the mirror nervously, fixing your hair in hope that it would stay perfect for the whole night. Your roommate, Stephanie, giggled at the sight of you and straightened up on the bed. "Oh, Sergeant James Barnes," Stephanie sighed dreamily as you rolled your eyes at her. "He's every girl's dream!"

You pouted, making your red lips popped even more. "Stephanie, you're not helping me feel any better!"

Stephanie was about to say something when the door bell rang, catching both of your attention. "He's here!" Stephanie squealed, hugging a cushion to her chest. You glanced at her in disbelief. Ironically, she was seemingly more cheerful about your date with Bucky than you were.

You headed over to answer the door. A grinning Bucky was peering down at you, his boyish expression making you hold your breath. "You look gorgeous as usual, Y/N," Bucky greeted and leaned in to peck on your cheeks. You gasped and giggled nervously.

"You're not looking too bad yourself, sergeant," you smiled at him, mustering all the confidence that you had in front of this man who was in his full uniform. You could hear Stephanie talking to herself in the back room, probably peering around the corner to see what you two were up to. 

As if on cue, Bucky glanced past you and waved with a chuckle, "Hi, Stephanie."

Your roommate giggled uncontrollably, causing you to flush. "Shall we go?" You asked quickly, walking out of the door without even waiting for Bucky. The man laughed and caught up with you easily. He was so much taller than you, and you secretly loved that. "Where are we going tonight?" You questioned excitedly, almost like a child waiting to open her first box of present on a Christmas morning.

Before Bucky could answer, however, you two were interrupted by someone calling out your name. "Y/N!" You squinted slightly so you could see better under the evening sky. It was Steve. His skinny figure was awaiting the two of you as he waved wildly at you. 

"Oh, Steve!" You echoed joyfully and hurried to pull him into a hug. Steve was the reason you knew Bucky. He had introduced you two during one night at the dancing club, and Bucky had undoubtedly stolen your heart with his laid-back vibes and boyish grins. Oh, you couldn't have thanked Steve more for bringing so much joy in your life. 

Bucky smiled at the sight of you and Steve, both behaving like two overly-enthusastic children. "Well, shall we leave for the science exhibition? Now that the two of you have finished suffocating each other with bear hugs?"

You blushed and dropped your gaze. Steve beamed contently while Bucky's hand sneaked around your waist, pulling you closer towards him. "I'm with my best friend and my best girl on my last day before I'm shipped to England. I couldn't have celebrated it better." Bucky's voice was low but sincere. You peered up at your boyfriend, your heart pounding heavily in your chest.

Steve, as usual, was picking up his pace as he tried to catch up with you two. His hands were in his trousers' pockets when he spoke up, "My pleasure, Buck."

You nodded with a bright smile while Bucky caught gaze with you. His eyes were light and full of hope, for the future and you two. "I'd love to hang with you more, Bucky," You added and stood on tip toe to kiss his cheek. 

Being the cheeky dork that Bucky was, he turned just in time so your lips landed right upon his. You widened your eyes while Bucky merely lingered for a few more heartbeats before pulling away. "Thanks, doll," Bucky remarked and smirked. 

"Bucky!" You gasped and slapped his chest. "I can't believe you," You murmured but a beam was playing at your lips as well. Poor Steve, blinking in shock at what had just happened, flushed furiously and found new interest in the pavement. 

"You can always hang with me once I've returned from the war, doll," Bucky tilted his head to look at you better. Under the dimming sky, Bucky's face was half emerged in the shadow, sharpening his features while his glints shone with affection for you. 

"You promise?" You asked quietly, treasuring this moment with your best man. You took in his face carefully, burning it into your memory as you watched the tip of his lips lifted.

"Of course," Bucky said and pressed your shoulder against him so you were comfortably leaning into the sergeant. "Anything for my best girl."

You fluttered  your eyes close briefly in contently, mesmerising his words and playing them over and over in your head. Little did you know, Bucky could never have fulfilled his promise, and the future for you two were fated to be broken and empty.