#Bucky: Am I Worthy-Part 2

#Bucky Barnes X Reader 

A/N: I was going to write part 2 later on this week but because I love you guys so much, I decided to finish it this evening. So here you go! I hope you guys enjoy it;) By the way, the Twitter system thing is working fine:) I've already gotten a few requests there so keep 'em coming;) x

P.S. Yes for some reasons I just think this song goes really well with Bucky and the reader in Am I Worthy

There are a few things that have crossed my mind as I slowly come to. First of all, the place that I'm in right now smells like bakery. In fact, it smells like brownies. I think there is a possibility that I have indeed ascended to heaven, which cannot be true because I have done more than enough to earn my place in hell.

Second of all, my arm no longer aches that much now. As a matter of fact, I don't feel cold or wet anymore, which is very bizarre since I had been roaming around the street under pouring rain for hours-

Snapping my eyes open, I bolt right now and gasp, sucking in a mouthful of air and trembling in the unfamiliar warmth of the place. Someone curses lightly from across the room. "Jesus," a sweet voice complains with irritation, "you scared the hell out of me."

Terrified and lost, I lock gaze with the girl that I have bumped into before I had managed to black out like a wimp. I grunt, trying my voice and fail miserably. Heaving another sigh, the pretty dame has pushed herself off the stool that she has been perking on and heads around the counter that leads to an open kitchen. "Water?" She asks mindlessly, even though she isn't waiting for a reply from me. While she is busying herself by filling a glass with water, I skim my surroundings rapidly, my chest heaving and falling with my straggled effort in calming myself. "You're safe here." The girl's voice pulls my attention back onto her again. Her bright eyes are watching my every move closely. For the first time in a rather long time, I actually feel like a deer in the headlights. 

Alas, she paddles across the wooden floor on her bare feet and hands me the glass of water. Embarrassedly, I'm unable to look away from her. Even under the dim light in her living room (I assume), she looks like the most mesmerising masterpiece I have ever set eyes on. Snapping me out of my thoughts, the girl arches an eyebrow at me expectedly and gazes down at the glass of water that I am holding. 

Sheepishly, I take a sip. 

"I've put your clothes in the wash," the girl remarks as she begins to head off to her kitchen. Her words catching my attention once more. With my eyes wide in shock, I drop my head to discover that my top is gone. "You were soaking," the girl explains when she sees my reaction. A tired smile plays at her lips as I panic in front of her. "I'm not going to come near you, rest assure." 

When she's not looking, I lifts the edge of her blanket tentatively. Relief washes over me when I see that I am indeed not stark naked. A strange sense of security settles in my stomach as I comfortably sit back in my boxers, under a cosy wool blanket. For some odd reasons, I have to keep reminding myself that she is not the threat in the room. Rather, I would be the one that she should be terrified of. I can see with no doubt that she has her guards up. And it doesn't take two for someone as dumb as me to read from her expression that I am less than welcomed in her place. 

"Thank you," I say atlas, finishing my glass of water and setting it on the floor besides the sofa that I am currently occupying. "I thought you were going to call the police."

She pauses. Hesitantly, she glances over at me. Her soft gaze hardened when she catches glimpse of my ruined shoulder that connects to the gift that Hydra has cursed me with. "Don't make me regret it," she growls and looks away, as if I am the most horrendous sight you can possibly set eyes on.