#Steve: It's Time To Go-Part Two

#Steve Rogers X Reader

A/N: This is requested by a reader to continue my previous one-shot 'It's Time To Go'. I'm also working on a second part to Steve Rogers' one-shot 'Demons' so stay tune:)

Ever since you had deliberately left Steve, you buried yourself under piles of work. Tony, your boss, of course wasn't complaining, but your best friend, Natasha, was decently worried about your situation.

None of the Avengers was sane enough to mention Steve in front of you. You occasionally heard about Steve's missions, but then you would remind yourself that it was none of your business. Natasha spent quite a lot of time attempting to make you go out with her choice of men. At first, you weren't even swayed. Your heart belonged to Steve and there was no question about it. But after two whole months of working and nothing else, even Tony was slightly concerned.

You finally gave in just to shut Natasha up. "When are you free?" Natasha questioned enthusiastically while you tried to concentrate on the project that you and Banner had been working on. You shrugged and Natasha sighed. "Fine, tomorrow night at eight. Dale will be waiting for you at your favourite restaurant."

You paused. You didn't bother telling Natasha that it was your favourite restaurant, but only when you were with Steve. Pinching the bridge of your nose, you told yourself that maybe it was time to let go.

So there you were, examining yourself in the reflection of the mirror. Natasha had gotten you a tight fitting dress that showed off your curves and edges. Its shade of wine red made you blush. But you had to admit, Natasha had gotten good taste. "You look gorgeous, Y/N," Natasha grinned once you stepped out of your room. You smiled shyly while she pulled you in for a hug.

Natasha had dropped you off a block away from the restaurant so you could walk for a few minutes on your own. You exhaled heavily when Natasha finally drove away. The street was deserted, and you were grateful for it. You needed space to think about this. Dale sounded like a nice person, but you were sure as hell that he would replace Steve in your heart.

Oh how you had missed the way the super soldier used to wrap his arms around you. His chest would tremble against your shoulder when he chuckled, and you loved it when he flushed a little because of an inappropriate joke that you told, or when you and Bucky had decided to slap his bum at the same time.

You smiled in spite of the memory, your eyes were growing dangerously bright. Wiping your cheek hastily, you picked up your pace and headed down the street. There was no point in thinking about Steve now.

"Y/N?"

You froze, your eyes widened at the very voice. Turning slowly on your heels, you faced your ex-boyfriend, and your heart leapt. Under the moonlight, his blond hair was fair and pale. His hands were behind him as he flicked his gaze between you and the ground. "You look beautiful tonight, Y/N," Steve remarked, his tone was forcefully cheerful as he finally found the courage to lock eyes with you.

You took in his familiar figure and stance. Suddenly, all words were lost in you. Sensing the silence, Steve continued rapidly, "Natasha's told Bucky about your date, and Bucky decided to tell me about it-The point is, I hope you'll have a great night. You deserve it."

You swallowed in hope that you could steady your voice. "Why are you here, Steve?" Your words were barely a whisper. Steve's face fell, and despair glinted behind his orbits.

"I'm so sorry for putting you through our relationship. I should have known I'm not going to give you the happiness that you deserve, Y/N. I wish you all the best-"

Steve's voice trailed off as he watched you approach him in surprise. Reaching up, you cupped his face and crushed your lips upon his. His words were cut loose at once, and his hands fell to your waist. The moment lasted, as you two poured all your bittersweet thoughts into the kiss. When you finally pulled apart, Steve frowned in confusion. "Y/N?" he whispered and traced the side of your face with a hand.

You shook your head and held back your tears. "I shouldn't have left, Steve. I just couldn't bare not having you around me, and leaving you is exactly what I fear the most." Before you could apologise, Steve stopped you by kissing your forehead tenderly, you could always feel a smile forming at his lips.

"I love you, Y/N. Don't you ever forget that."

You grinned up at the man that you loved so much, his affectionate gaze drank you in along with those loving words of his.