The Chase

The media was the inspiration for this chapter. It will give you a good visual of what's happening in this chapter.

(Foxy's POV)

For the first time in a while, Foxy was genuinely afraid.

He had definitely been afraid before, but this type of fear was exhilarating. He felt his heart pounding in his chest, trying to snap his ribs and escape. He felt his breath caught in his throat as he sprung up from where he sat and plunged into a sprint.

It was hard to get through the small gap as the animatronics chased after them. Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica followed close behind Foxy as he pulled ahead of the group, his legs pounding the fleshy forest floor and whipping past trees.

Foxy was the fastest of the group, which he was definitely proud of. For most of his life, he was running. To be out in the woods, he felt natural as he flew through the trees.

Already, he felt ragged breaths scratching at his throat, his body surging with adrenaline. Every moment felt like a lifetime, every step deciding a new fate.

He couldn't just run. Foxy had to fight.

Summoning some energy into his palm, Foxy flicked his hand backwards. He felt the heat from the blast radiate behind him, echoing through the forest. Foxy heard loud screeches from the animatronics.

When he flicked his face to the side, he found Freddy summoning his wings, sprinting and taking off high into the air. Foxy looked ahead of him once again.

Everything was silent. The only thing that could be heard was the pounding of feet and the childlike screeches of the animatronics as they chased the four (now three once Freddy had taken off) helpless teenagers.

Foxy slid to the ground, dirt and leaves flying up as his heels cut through the forest floor. He pivoted to the left and blasted a few foxes and a bear. His chest heaving with exhaustion, he got to his feet. He couldn't go on with how exhausted he already was.

He made up his mind.

The robots seemed extremely versatile. Their heavy stomps increased the amount of blood that rushed in Foxy's ears. He charged up some energy for each hand and launched each at a chicken. The bright red balls sailed through the air, smashing into the chicken and expanding in a fury of flame.

"LET'S GO!" Bonnie bellowed from behind Foxy. He scrambled to his feet, escaping the flame and breaking into a sprint once more.

Foxy's lungs itched already. Over the past months, all they'd been doing was running and hiding. They had seen many animatronics and had many encounters with them. While this felt like just another encounter, it also was another chance for them to die. To lose the spirits they held within.

He looked around as he sprinted, nervousness eating away at his insides. He found himself being surrounded by animatronics, their teeth gnashing, ready to eat. Foxy gulped. This would be the end if he didn't do anything.

But then, he remembered a technique he had worked on quite a bit over the past month or so. It was useful in a situation like this, but he had never used it. All he could do was implore that it would work.

Summoning all of his power, he let it explode outward from his core, forming a distinct dome shape. Every single leaf on the ground caught fire, burning into a crisp. The animatronics screeched as sparks were thrown from their spasming bodies.

Foxy brought the shield back in, looking all around at the flaming piles of leaves and animatronic parts. Not wanting to waste time, he turned and ran in the direction Bonnie and Chica had gone.

(POV Switch to Freddy)

Freddy soared through the air, constantly looking around. His heart pounded against his ribcage, cotton breaths clawing at his throat. As long as his friends were safe, Freddy would be okay.

He wanted to survive. They all did. Freddy soon realized he may not make it.

As he sped across the orange and yellow forest, an indigo and maroon blur surfaced in his vision, right in front of him. One was a bunny the other a fox. His eyes widened with sheer terror as he beated his wings. Freddy soared over the two animatronics in a wide arc, twisting around and slapping one with his wings. Hopefully he had bought himself a little time.

He didn't have powers like Bonnie and Foxy. His wings were all he had to battle. He wasn't safe. He had to touch down to the ground.

Freddy looked down at the ground, which seemed like a blur. Averting his gaze to the incoming enemies, an idea popped into his head.

Freddy waited patiently, the two shapes getting bigger.

Wait . . .

Now.

Freddy stopped flapping his wings and let himself drop, the two attackers colliding above him. As Freddy dropped, he felt extreme heat radiate from above. His mouth recoiled into a smile as he realized that his plan had worked.

Freddy dropped through the thick canopy of leaves, waiting until he could stretch his wings out once again. He felt the adrenaline surge hot in his veins. Soon, he was too close to the ground. Quickly, he flapped his wings, shock replacing the adrenaline. He flapped again and sighed with relief. He was safe.

He was lying to himself.

He looked over his shoulder, seeing the animatronics sprint after the four children. Letting himself glide to the ground, Freddy flipped over and let his legs hit the ground running. He folded his wings in and sprinted still, hoping that this would not be the night where he would die.

(POV Switch to Bonnie)

Bonnie had never run so fast for so long in her life.

She had definitely ran fast in a simulation in seventh grade, but this seemed different. She was running for her life. Her real life. At least she had some sort of defense now. She didn't have a defense before.

Summoning energy, Bonnie flung it backward, dirt and leaves flying up everywhere.

A tree in front of her blasted with yellow light. She felt herself yelp unintentionally. Bonnie changed her direction of running.

The tree that had been struck began to tumble, right in Bonnie's path. Her legs pumped faster and faster, the tree nearly bearing down on her--

CRASH! Bonnie narrowly made it through the tiny space as the tree slammed into the forest floor.

A few more sparks flew past her, hitting trees and open forest ground. Every tree came crashing down, Bonnie's heart pounding as each tree smashed into the ground. Bonnie cried out as each tree missed her. It would be a matter of time before a tree didn't miss.

She vaulted off of a tree that was already laid down on the ground, lurching into the air. Bonnie watched as the ground came closer and closer, bracing for impact--

PLING!

Something, like a spark, hit her back, pain spreading through her entire body instantly. Her legs folded under her collapsed body as she passed out.