The Spark

Bonnie's POV

A gargled gasp racked Bonnie's chest, her eyes opening and widening. Instantly, violent pain spread through every nerve, every muscle, everything. She trembled ferociously as waves of pain spread.

Then, there was a voice. A voice from afar, echoed as though everything were underwater, screaming, "Bonnie . . . ! Bonnie! She's . . . awake . . . !"

Bonnie coughed, her ribs exploding with constant surges of throbbing. Everyone was a smudge as they rushed toward her, her brain processing it in slow motion. 

The next instant, she felt hands crawl underneath her back and lift her into the air. Bonnie's head lolled back. Everything she saw sped up, as if someone were fast-forwarding a movie in her head. 

A voice Bonnie didn't recognize spoke. It sounded elderly and fragile. "She's hurt pretty bad . . . I don't know if she'll make it."

Her mind didn't process much after that, allowing the welcoming arms of unconsciousness to grasp Bonnie once again and everything was silent once more.

*   *   *   *   *

When Bonnie woke up again it was much more peaceful. The pain had lessened, but it had only reduced to a dull ache and throb. She slowly pulled herself to a lazy sitting position, scanning the area. No one seemed to be around.

Reluctantly, Bonnie twisted around and looked behind her. To her dismay, she found Foxy standing a ways away, blocked by the blur of a few trees. His amber eyes were trained on something in the distance, his hand glowing bright red. A man stood far behind Foxy, his hands behind his back. Bonnie watched carefully with fear and curiosity as the red light grew.

Foxy's eyebrows drew in. He took a small step back and bent both knees. A hum arose in the air. Bonnie could feel it in the heart of her throat. In her head. In the ground. Everywhere. 

A muffled voice from the distance commanded, "Now."

A loud blast and a bright burst of red light interrupted Bonnie's sight of Foxy. A powerful force, as though Bonnie had been thrown back by a large hand, tossed Bonnie a few feet into the air and several feet backward. She collapsed onto the ground. 

The humming could still be felt, but it had reduced. It still reduced until Bonnie could no longer feel it rubbing against her temple. 

What was Foxy doing? Was he trying to hurt something? Who was the man? Was the man controlling Foxy to kill something? What was happening? Did--

A burst of shock zipped through Bonnie as a hand clasped her shoulder. She yipped and twisted around, stumbling back and seeing who it was. Freddy. Bonnie's heartbeat burned at her chest as she panted, staring up into Freddy's blue eyes. 

"Didn't mean to scare you, Bonnie," he said, putting his hands up in a small surrender-like gesture. "I'm not some kind of bear, right?"

Bonnie smiled and looked up at Freddy. Even though he had aged a year and a half since then, his face looked the same as in 7th Grade. Bonnie remembered seeing him dead in the chair, lifeless and cold. Now, he was alive. He had come back to life. She suddenly realized how much she was actually blessed to have him alive. Bonnie straightened up and walked up to Freddy, throwing her arms around him. 

"Bonnie--" Freddy started, the impact of Bonnie's hug cutting him off.

Suddenly, Bonnie began to feel emotional, her thoughts racing. She really was grateful to have him alive. Bonnie decided that she didn't want to cry on him. She broke from the hug swiftly and walked away, fighting tears.