The World

Freddy's POV

Freddy's heart sank into his stomach as he watched the comet that was Bonnie surge upward at the horde of animatronic animals. But his heart fell into an abyss once the comet exploded. 

Bonnie . . . Bonnie was dead.

Sobs and tears attacked Freddy's face and throat. He grabbed Chica and pulled her close to him. She sobbed heavily, whimpering like a dog.

"I can't believe she did that . . ." Freddy croaked. "But we'll have to end it somehow."

Chica sniffed. "Why is everyone dying? It seems like we can't go anywhere without someone close to us just . . ." She sobbed again. "I don't like any of this. And the worst part is that Bonnie was our only hope at defeating Jonathan."

"You know I can hear your pathetic whimpering, right?" Jonathan called out. Freddy turned around and faced the man, balling up his fists. Jonathan smiled and approached the two children. "Two of you dead, two of you standing. I will shortly have Bonnie's spirit, and I will have achieved enough potential to destroy both of you."

"Why don't you just use your powers to kill us?" Chica asked, her voice cracking in the middle.

"That would be such a waste, now would it? If the world is to be in the palm of my hand, I will do it with as much power as I can possibly muster. Seeing as your friend destroyed my entire fleet of animatronics, I'll have no other way to kill you than to do it myself." He raised a hand, pointing his palm at the two. "Don't resist it."

Freddy smirked a little. "Oh, alright. But I'll have you know that I'm a teenager. I am in my rebellious phase." With a flash, Freddy's wings sprung out from his back. The boy took off into the air, diving and swirling in midair. "If you wanna kill me, you're gonna have to CATCH ME!" With a burst of speed, Freddy forced his wings backward and was sent catapulting through the air. 

He felt a barrier of sound build up a foot in front of his head. The air swooped through his hair and brushed past his wings, which he desperately flapped to gain more altitude.

Another loud boom was heard throughout the area. Butterflies filled Freddy as he realized that Jonathan wouldn't just let Freddy go that easily. 

The ground beneath him blurred into a green and yellow haze. Freddy heard Jonathan getting closer, and Freddy trembled.

Freddy tilted his wings upward, allowing himself to slowly elevate into the air. He gained more altitude by the second, adrenaline pumping through his veins. He looked over his shoulder and found a purple blur getting closer and closer to Freddy.

The boy then tilted his wings in a manner that allowed him to make an extremely sharp turn. Freddy flapped his wings again and gained more speed, watching as the purple blur zoomed past.

Suddenly there was a flash of purple nearby. It streaked frighteningly close to Freddy, making him jerk and throw himself a little to the side. Another streak of purple flashed by. However, this one brushed Freddy with a light wind. He could have sworn a few of the hairs on his head were singed.

Freddy tilted his wings downward, allowing himself to zoom toward the ground. Tears began to form in his eyes. He rapidly blinked them away, but he could still barely see even then. Several more beams of light flashed past Freddy. His heart pounded in his chest as the ground drew nearer. He prepared his wings to push himself up into the air--

Pain zapped through Freddy's entire body, the main impact being in the bottoms of his feet. His legs trailed upward. The field drew closer and closer before it finally flipped upward. Freddy slammed into the ground, the air being knocked out of his lungs. He rolled across the field, feeling the dirt and grass swat and scar him all over. 

Finally, the boy stopped. His head ached, wringing with pain. He felt several gashes across his arms and face. A warm liquid began to trickle down his cheeks. He trembled and felt his shirt, trying to make sure if it was ripped up. Indeed, rips and tears littered the surface of his shirt. 

"Why are you resisting?!" Jonathan boomed. Freddy squeezed his eyes shut, feeling tears squeeze out of the sides of his head. 

No. It couldn't end here. It couldn't be the end. Freddy knew that it was, but he denied it every time that thought entered his mind. No. Yes. It's not the end. It is the end.

"Why am I resisting . . . ?" Freddy whispered to himself. His skin burned with pain, a constant reminder that he couldn't win. 

Thoughts of his mother suddenly flooded his mind. Her once smiling and happy face, sending him off to school and welcoming him back home . . . Then, she was a depressed drunk, clinging onto a strand of hope. Seeing Freddy return seemed like the only thing she wanted. But it was Freddy's promise to her that really hit him hard. He would see her again. They would be together once more. Did he want to break a promise to his mother? Besides, she'd always told him it was wrong to break promises.

And Freddy didn't want to die again.

It was these thoughts that drove him to push himself to his feet. When he lifted his head, he saw the Diner just paces away. Chica watched him from there. Freddy could see the whites of her eyes from where he stood. He didn't want to leave her as well.

Freddy turned to Jonathan, who floated in midair above him with a grimace. "Freddy, I'll just kill you now. I don't care at this point. I don't want your death to be done in any fancy way now. No executions. All I want is to see you lay still once more."

That's . . . that's not going to happen! Freddy trembled with anger. Gritting his teeth, Freddy closed his eyes, feeling the spirit of the child within him. He grasped how it felt to have a spirit within him. He thought of having multiple spirits -- multiple powers. He imagined taking those things away from Jonathan, like Jonathan had taken away so much.

Maybe it would work.

Freddy opened his eyes and looked up at the man, who seemed ready to kill him. Freddy imagined the many spirits within him. Ben, Bonnie, Foxy, possibly even Fred. How powerful he had become over the last week. 

In one swift second, Freddy felt his spirit calling out to the others, beckoning them to come near. And in an invigorating moment, Freddy felt fulfilled. Waves of ecstasy and power washed over him like a quiet ocean wave, and in that moment . . .

Every spirit was there.

The power surged through him -- so much that it was almost too much to hold. Jonathan, still floating, looked confused, waving his hand frantically. Freddy looked up at the man with a small smile. He had him. 

"What . . . ?" Jonathan said desperately. "What have you done?! Why did you do this to me? Don't you see what I could have done? I could have created a true paradise! A safe haven for all people!"

Freddy ignored Jonathan's relentless pleads. He raised his arms, allowing as much power as he could to compress into a single ball of energy. His arms trembled with the overwhelming weight of the small basket ball sized orb. Freddy held it up higher, pointing it directly at Jonathan. It seemed like Freddy couldn't put any more energy into it.

"Oh, Jonathan," Freddy said with a mischievous grin. "With you in the world . . . you can't."

Just as he was about to release the energy, he began to think about all of the terrible things Jonathan had done -- bringing cities down and causing worldwide panic. Killing his friends and their families. This wasn't a man who would create a true paradise. He was . . .

Immortal.

That realization smacked Freddy in the face. No matter what he did -- no matter how much he tried, Jonathan couldn't die. Even if he released the energy orb upon Jonathan, he wouldn't die. Freddy knew with certainty that a true paradise didn't have Jonathan in it.

A true paradise . . .

In one fluid motion, Freddy smashed the energy ball into the ground, watching helplessly as the energy exploded outward and obliterated everything in its wake.