The Bridge

Freddy's POV

When Freddy looked up at the massive wall of water, his stomach completely dropped. The entire wave slowly crested until the top was high above the battle. No! he thought. It can't end this way!

But it was hopeless. Jonathan had already won. Even before the wave was sent over the children, Jonathan had won. Freddy bitterly remembered ramming the sharp steel pole through the man's back. Even after that, Jonathan was still as powerful as he was. And now, they would be submerged under hundreds of feet of water.

Freddy knew that he could get out of the situation fairly easily. He could just fly away and soar above the wave with simple ease. But his friends couldn't do that. Freddy would rather die with his friends than survive without them. 

"Foxy!" Bonnie screamed. "Help . . . me!" 

Freddy spun around, seeing Bonnie with her arms thrown out. And she was . . . shooting at the wave? It was all in a continuous stream, fanning out once it reached the wave. Each strand of energy zipped across the surface of the wave. Freddy's eyes widened as he realized . . .

The wave had stopped.

Freddy looked down at Foxy as he struggled to stand up. Luckily, Jonathan wasn't anywhere near Foxy, but instead attacking Bonnie. Foxy collapsed onto his knees, his face sullen and pained.

"Foxy . . ." Freddy breathed. The redhead suddenly looked up at the wave with determination set in his eyes. With a loud scream, he shot his arm out and a bright blast of light shocked through the wave. Freddy's eyes sealed shut and fell out of the air. Even through closed eyelids, the light of Foxy's blast was blinding. He spun in slow circles, everything a hot and hazy red. 

His feet twisted under him as the sand came up to meet him. Freddy collapsed onto the sand, altogether silent.

Just a few moments later, Freddy felt a hand on his shoulder. His eyes fluttered open due to the sudden feeling. He saw the face of Chica looking down at him. She smiled softly.

"Get up," she cooed. "The fight's almost over."

Freddy smiled back a little. She looked so beautiful even with her face all dusted up. Did she grow her hair out? It looked great. She looked great. He drew his eyebrows in a little. "I'm not finishing it until I do something . . ."

Suddenly, he slid his hand behind her neck and pulled her down close to him. Their lips met, and they met passionately. Freddy's heart rushed in his chest, but it all faded away when Chica wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled into the kiss. Freddy knew that there was a massive wave of water ready to smash down on everyone and everything, but he wasn't ready to break the kiss. 

"It's time to go . . ." Chica whispered. Freddy laughed and pulled away from her, still keeping his nose on hers.

"I know that Foxy and Bonnie have probably made out a couple of times by now, as I can see the tension between them. But I seriously love you, Chica. Let's win this war."

Chica giggled slightly. Freddy liked her laugh. It was sweet and innocent. Nothing like the things she was caught up in. Freddy smiled and--

A shoe suddenly appeared to Freddy's left. Chica screeched as it caught her in the side and sent her off of her hands and knees, crumpled in the sand next to Freddy. Fire rushed through Freddy's veins as he looked up and saw the face of Jonathan, who Freddy wanted to mutilate at the moment. 

"Oh, I'm sorry," Jonathan said, a sarcastic ring in his voice. "I enforce the rules on this beach. No making out, as making out leads to love. And love leads to babies. And babies lead to a larger population of Guard--"