The Destruction

Chica's POV

Pain.

So much pain. 

Chica was lucky her eyelids didn't get melted together, but everything else in her body was completely burned. Her clothes were on fire. Her arms and legs shook and trembled in pain. Chica looked at her arm and found a sickening layer of burnt and melted skin. She nearly vomited at the sight. She laid down and looked out into the distance, hoping to see Freddy.

The sky had gone completely black. The landscape was only lit up by the countless fires that dotted the area. The fields that Freddy and Jonathan had once fought in had turned into a burning wasteland, blackened by the countless fires. The burning smell of smoke entered Chica's nostril, as the other had been melted off. 

"F--Freddy . . ." she croaked hopelessly.

"CHICA!" a voice called back. Chica tried to watch through hazy vision as a shape entered and exited Chica's field of vision. She desperately tried to see clearly, but she could understand that the shape was Freddy, stumbling toward her.

"Oh, Chica!" Freddy yelled. He eventually was right in front of her, kneeling down and holding her head in his hands. He seemed badly burned as well, but his face wasn't as disfigured as Chica's was. 

"It's . . . it's . . . okay, now," Chica whispered. She reached up and held Freddy's neck weakly. He seemed a little burned there. She took her hand off and put an arm around his waist. 

"How bad does it hurt?" asked Freddy. 

Chica breathed. "It . . . it hurts."

Freddy nodded and turned his head to the side, studying the area. "Guess what?" 

"What?"

"There's a small ravine of lava nearby. I can carry you there if you want."

Chica knew exactly what he was planning to do, and she knew it wasn't exactly a bad idea. She nodded slightly. "Yes . . . take me there."

Freddy snaked his arms behind her back and legs. Chica was suddenly lifted into the air. She was surprised about how strong he was to be able to carry her. Of course, Chica knew that she was quite light. She may have lost a few pounds just by getting burned as much as she had. 

Chica fell asleep for a moment, but was woken up immediately after by Freddy. "We're here," he said softly. 

With a nod, Chica opened her eyes and looked around. The ravine was quite a ways down. The lava glowed dimly at the bottom like a lava lamp. Chica looked at it and thought about how much pain she was in. "I want to go."

"Okay," Freddy said softly. "Then let's go."

"I love you, Freddy."

"I love you too, Chica."

Without thinking, Chica slipped off of the edge with Freddy.