The Apple

(Chica's POV)

The four kids flew out of the portal Fred had created, crashing against frosty green grass and staining their clothes with streaks of green and brown. Chica brushed her shoulders off with her hands and struggled to her feet, standing up along with everyone else. 

Fred launched out of the portal and quickly spun around. He shut the portal down and turned around once again, facing the kids. Chica looked around, finding trees that dotted the landscape, small trails winding and twisting across the area. Cars zoomed through their day-to-day routines, but there was something that hung in the air. An intensity that swam about every inch of existence. Chica realized that it must be Jonathan.

"Alright, so we need to find Jonathan," Fred said, clapping his hands together. "Any ideas as to how we can find him?"

Foxy shrugged. "I don't know, maybe we can look for smoke and screaming people? We know that he's terrorizing everything in search for us."

"So if he finds us," Bonnie joined, "he'll be much more angry, and much more powerful. And he's only running off of the power of a dead child. His own power will return in a month, if not less, right?"

"Yeah, so we need to just find him and kill him." Foxy nodded, looking around. His gaze locked on Freddy. "Freddy, you need to fly around and find him. Remember when you made the mountain cave in in the simulation?"

Freddy gave a deliberate nod. "Yeah. I think that happened because my wings were charged with energy. If I can unleash that energy, we might have a chance to beat Jonathan."

"Chances are slim, but I think if we plan well enough, we can defeat him," Fred mused. "The only problem is that Chica doesn't have a power . . ."

"I do," Chica cut in. "It's just not useful in this scenario."

"What is it?" Fred asked.

"I can get random visions. I get information about stuff, but I can't control it."

Freddy's head snapped in her direction, his eyes brightened by an idea. "Chica, you need to find a way to get information. Stay in a building or something and try and receive a vision. Maybe you can find where Ben is and we can rescue him."

"I know he's in a prison, but where is the question," Chica explained. She sighed and her eyes fell to the ground. "You guys can fight Jonathan, I'll try and find out where Ben is. Will you guys be okay?"

Fred nodded. "We will. If something happens, I'll open a portal in front of all of you and we can come back another day. The point is, we try now, and we try hard. Okay?"

A wave of nods came over the group.

"Alright. Chica, I'll send you on top of a tall building so you can see where Jonathan is. If anything happens, come down and get the devil out of there, alright? Here, allow me to . . ." Fred put his hands out and ripped open the air, revealing a large, shapeless, colorless portal. Chica nodded, closed her eyes, and jumped through.

* * * * *

In a flash of light, Chica launched from the portal and smashed against a rough cement floor. Her shoulder throbbed dully. She rolled a few times before stopping completely. She took in a heavy sigh and stood up, looking around at her surroundings. 

She found herself on top of a great building, towering over many others. Only a few buildings could be seen poking above her standpoint. She found smoke billowing from many of the buildings, helicopters rushing madly to rescue people and put out fires. Below, cars honked angrily at each other, the traffic absolutely immense. Everything was absolutely chaotic.

With a shaky breath, she spun around and patrolled the roof for a while. She scanned the city for any flashes of purple and violet. She couldn't find any of that. Her mind only spun with every shrill shriek emitted from below. 

Why couldn't she see Jonathan? 

Maybe he was behind a building. Or he was simply strolling around the streets, maybe blowing up a building here and there. She had looked in every direction across the landscape for minutes, and soon it felt like hours. Chica paced around the building, hoping that she wouldn't find a surprise of Jonathan hurling energy at her. Luckily, she hadn't . . . but she hoped that it would stay that way.

But after a while of pacing and stressing, the building began to tremble.

It started as a low hum, steadily increasing with every second. Chica's nerves were turned to fire. The world seemed magnified in her vision, suddenly. Adrenaline already raced through her muscles, saturating every muscle with the burning sensation. 

"What's . . ." she huffed. "What's . . . happening . . . ?"

All of a sudden, the entire building jolted, taking the ground from under Chica's feet. She collapsed to the cement roof, breath completely gone. 

Then, a strange thing happened. Everything seemed to warp and change. After a few moments of haziness, Chica's mind processed a chilling realization.

The entire building was tipping over. 

She looked up with horror as the other side of the building increased in size, ascending upward to tower high over her. Chica violently shook her head, realizing that she was about to do something absolutely insane. She knew it was the only way she could survive this.

Chica started up the building, sprinting heavily up the sharp incline. It began to go strenuous, her calves already burning. She made a final effort up the incline and jumped diagonally upward. She reached up and snagged the edge with her entire arm. Chica quickly swung herself over the top and struggled to her feet. Her mind bent and twisted with the sights she saw. Below her, the entire building had inclined so that it was like a slide downward. She felt weightless, as though she were standing in an elevator. The building dropped through the city. Screaming civilians could be heard below. And Chica couldn't do anything to save them.

She squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head once more. This was the only way she could find Jonathan. The incline was steep, and the way down was long . . .

Chica gathered every little particle of courage inside of her as she let her foot trail off the edge, kicked the other one out, and was sent into a long descent to the ground.

Her back crashed against the rough surface of the building. The muscles in her neck tensed up as she zipped downward. 

For a little while, she tried to keep her shoes away from skidding along the windows and the walls. But, she couldn't keep it away forever. Chica felt her heels crash against the ground, and everything went haywire from there. Her knees twisted under her, and she was suddenly sent flying through the air, flying away and away from the falling building. 

When she looked up, she found an entire arsenal of angry animatronics rocketing toward her, ready to kill her in midair.

In this moment, Chica was doubting if she would make it out of New York City alive.

(A/N Sorry about the lack of updates. While I was gone, I became a Black Belt in TaeKwonDo, which is pretty exciting, right? And I also had to deal with a lot of homework, so my update time was getting less and less. And I have to draw a ton of people at school and . . . well . . . anyways. I hope you enjoyed the chapter, future updates will be more frequent. Thank you and have a lovely day! :D)