Chapter Two. Like The Cool Kids. Part 1.

And it goes on!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, so you've got everything?" I asked Tom and he closed his amazingly huge suitcase while nodding. I was holding Lena on my arm and she was poking my cheek happily with her tinny fingers. "Stop that, honey..." I pulled her hand away softly. She had her pacifier almost always on her mouth since her teeth were coming out and apparently biting on it helped her with the soreness.

"Oh, I forgot to put you in there! How can we deal with that?" He said and scratched his bearded chin making me smile.

"I believe you need to give Bill a call. Have you packed your agenda?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I'll call him after lunch, he's probably busy right now, and do you need the agenda?" I nodded and he went to his backpack and pulled it out, leaving it over the bed.

I sat Lena on my lap and got to look at his agenda, I had checked my mail before and if I wasn't mistaken, this photoshoot Michael insisted so much I did was taking place in the dates we were going to be in Hamburg. I let out a sigh as I confirmed it.

"What is it?" Tom asked me as he finished checking he had everything he needed on his carryon.

"I..." I was always scared to tell Tom about modelling stuff, he seemed to hate it and was unable to hide it. "Michael called." I said and he gave me his complete attention and crossed his arms over his chest. "Do you know a magazine called Superior?" He nodded and rubbed his hand over his nose as he looked down at the floor. "I was just thinking I could take this one..." I said sheepishly.

"Is it a busy date?" He asked pointing at his agenda on the bed. I looked back at the page and nodded.

"We're going to be in Hamburg and..." I trailed off.

There was silence for a few seconds until Tom grunted and sat next to me. "If you want to do it, you should." He said with his hand finding its way to mine. I looked up at his face and considered it; maybe he was just saying it to make me feel better but I couldn't really take the job.

"I can't..." I whispered and he pulled his agenda to the side, placing his arm around my shoulders so my head could rest on his chest. He leaned his chin on my head.

"You wanna do this... do it!" He made a pause. "They have offices in Germany, make a call and ask if it can be done there. I can't really stop you from doing something you obviously miss doing, Jo. I'd be a shitty guy if I did."

"You've never been that kind of guy. Even when you looked the part." I chuckled and he gasped.

"What?" I looked up at him as I held Lena close to me. "What is that supposed to mean?!"

"Dreadlocks, baggy clothes, New Era caps...Tom... you bragged about having many chicks on your bed..." I said quietly so Lena wouldn't hear.

"I didn't lie, and you better be thankful for those girls: I learned a lot from them..." He said equally quietly, although it seemed a lot less like he did it for our daughter and more like he was trying to lure me in.

"I will make some calls..." I stood up and put Lena's little feet on the floor as I held her little hands so she could walk a little bit. "Don't stare at my butt."

"But it's so pretty!" Tom complained. "Although that girl you're holding is kinda prettier."

"They say she looks like her mommy..." I said in a sing song tone as we approached the hallway. "Not too fast, love!" I chuckled.