Chapter Forty. Come Home.

So another one and this time: an early update!

Enjoy (this one's a happy-ish chapter!)!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to take Lena on her stroller because she was feeling rather sleepy after lunch; I had taken her with me to the office, we visited the small workshop of our top designer and Angie insisted she wanted to have lunch with me and talk about some business.

Georg and Allison had a great place at an elegant building, so I took the elevator to their floor and pushed Lena's stroller toward the door of their apartment. I rang the doorbell and waited for Allison to open, she did and ran back inside.

"Hello!" She yelled from the hall as she left me in the doorway to come in and close the door behind me.

"Hi?" I tried to make it sound normal, but I sounded doubtful and weird, "What's up? How are you?" I closed the door and took Lena to the living room before following Allison.

Their living room was a small room with a big window and a couple of light brown sofas around a small coffee table sitting over a dark blue carpet and a television screen on the wall opposite to the sofas, a large bookcase behind the sofa made it look a little bigger than it was. I left Lena's stroller near one of the sofas, knowing that she would recognize the place when she woke up and wouldn't freak out if I wasn't there.

"Oh... fine!" Allison yelled all the way from the bedroom.

I followed the sound of her voice and stopped near the door, for some reason I didn't feel very comfortable with just going into her and Georg's bedroom.

"Yeah?" I looked up at the ceiling, covering my forehead with my hand. "How's everything with Georg?"

I heard Allison huff and tilted my head to the side. I wasn't being too subtle but I needed to get her to speak.

"Well, he's acting weird and I am acting weird and... I guess he's seen it coming!" She yelled again, going here and there quickly.

I bit my lip as I went up to the doorway of her room, she walked out of her room right then; she was holding a dress in her hand when I saw her.

"Why don't you get in here?" She asked me.

"Wow..." I let out as my eyes wouldn't look away from that dress in her hands. "What are you doing?"

Allison turned around and went back into her room. I followed her this time and felt my heart sinking inside my chest when I saw her clothes piled up on the bed next to a pair of black suitcases. It made no sense!

"Allison!" I went up the bed and saw the almost fully packed suitcase. "What in hell are you doing?!" I panicked.

"I told you, Georg and I are not working out..." She explained in a low voice, her hands working as fast as they could to fold the clothes and put them in the suitcases. "So I am going back to LA; I have my plane ticket ready and I am done with him! With Germany! With everything!"

I sat on the bed next to the suitcase, giving my back to my friend as I tried to understand what was going on and how was it happening.

"Ally, you can't do this." I said softly after a few minutes, "Georg is crazy about you, I am sure you guys can work it out!"

I tried to smile at her, but Allison had the most serious and determined expression on her face. I turned to her, she put another dress away and turned to me waving her hands with palms wide open.