Chapter Eleven. Decisions are made and not bought.

I realized that I need to upload more of this version because I want the Spanish one and this one to be on the same chapter... will it blend?

No spell check, I am sorry! (again)

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allison surprised us; I hugged her after opening the door, and as soon as she laid eyes on Günther she went on to attack him with her suppressed motherly love. She kissed and hugged him, pulling him up on her hip - something I had started to find pretty hard to do as he kept getting bigger and bigger -.

"You're such a handsome little boy!" She told him and Gün smiled with pride, taking the compliment like Tom would.

"Of course I am." He said to Allison and she laughed, staring at me with raised brows.

"Like father like son, huh?" She smiled. "Where's your sister, Gün?" Günther pointed up at the ceiling with his index and then put that same finger in front of his lips. Allison frowned.

"She's asleep." Günther explained, according to him he was now whispering but I was pretty sure that the neighbors had heard him.

Allison bit her tongue to stop herself from laughing. She put a finger to her lips too and nodded with a look of pure seriousness.

"Of course, let's not wake her up."

Allison sat down on the couch with me, Günther found out that she would gladly let him sit on her lap and play with her phone (filled with games completely more entertaining than the ones on my own one) so he didn't bother to speak at all.

We kept talking about the past few months, just catching up, but when we reached the most recent events I realized it was time for Gün to go play somewhere else.

"...I tell you, Georg is amazing but there's that." She said and rolled her eyes.

I nodded and touched Günther's arm.

"Hey, sweetie, why don't you go get some game to play with Ally?" His face lit up like a Christmas tree, I knew him like the back of my hand: he would be standing in front of his small pile of board games thinking which one to bring down, and it would probably take him a while to come back with some cardboard box under his arm.

"Yes!" He jumped up in the couch between Ally and me. "Thank you, Aunty!" Allison smiled and nodded, extending her hand to get her phone back.

"You're welcome, champ!" She said to him when he handed her the phone back. We watched him run upstairs and she turned to smile at me. "He's exactly what I pictured a kid raised by you would be like." I smiled at her and felt the warmth of blush on my face. "Although Tom is doing his thing, that's obvious..." She joked.

"Yeah, they're equally cocky, right?" Allison nodded. "Tell me about this Georg's deal..."

She sighed with frustration.

"I just...I told you; I want something different to what he seems to want." She told me. "And before you say it: No, I haven't asked him but... it's pretty obvious what he wants."

I tilted my head, I always thought Georg was a marriage and kids kind of guy (what I never thought Tom would be...).

"And... what exactly is that, Allison?" She looked me in the eyes.

"He is into the "kids" part, but not really into the... commitment part, I don't even get it! He swears up and down he loves me but when I say the "m" word he seems to get chills." She explained.

I was surprised to hear that, he had never had any trouble with commitment, when we were younger he had been incredibly eager to commit with girls. What could have happened?

"Maybe he's scared." I told her, knowing about that fear. "Sometimes when you really love someone you need to take some time to think about those feelings, you know? And... where those feelings are taking you..." I explained to her and she stared at me in confusion.

"Did you...?" I nodded. "What made you change your mind?" I smiled at her.

"It takes time, I had Tom to open up my eyes for me, but maybe because he's a guy and we both know boys are slow..." we both raised our brows and she rolled her eyes in pure frustration. "He might not really need you to say it, but, let him process you. Let Georg get to see the big picture. If it takes him too long, well...yeah, you're gonna have to help him see."

Allison smiled to the side and stared at me skeptically.

"Is that what Tom did for you?" I nodded.

"Pretty much the day before our wedding..." I chuckled and Allison gave me a reproachful glare. "Hey, I had my reasons to be insecure about marriage!" I defended myself. "But he was right; I mean... we have always had a good thing going on..." I said.

"Yeah, yeah...well..." Allison sighed. "I don't know how much longer I can take this."

Günther came down running a little bit after that and he showed us a twister board. I smiled at Allison as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Do you really think you can beat me at that, little sir?" She asked him humorously. I chuckled when he nodded, standing up tall-as tall as he could be now. "Oh, really? Wanna bet on it?"

"Oh, I wouldn't make a bet- not to you!" I said and Gün shrugged like Tom would, with a little pout and looking like a smug...

"I bet a movie!" I sighed and rolled my eyes.

Of course he would bet a trip to see a movie away from Lena...she couldn't stay quiet for a whole movie if she wasn't sleeping and it was hard getting her to sleep with so many strangers and the bright light of the screen on her face, I could tell she hated it so she made me hate it: baby logic.

"I'll take you on that sir!" Allison turned to me, a bright smile illuminating every corner of her face "are you playing?" I nodded. "Great! Let's do this poo!"

"The toilet is on the back." Günther pointed at the hall. Allison and I snorted; both of us tended to forget how literal kids were sometimes.

"Thanks, Gün, I didn't mean that I have to go but I'll try to remember where the bathroom is." Allison touched her head with her index finger and smiled down at the boy as we followed him into the t.v. room, further away from the kitchen.

"I want to spin it!" Gün announced holding the board to his chest.

"Alright." Allison and I agreed and he started.

In five minutes I had to give up before Günther got hurt, it turned out I had never really been bad for the game but I wasn't risking it when he was under me, no, so I pretended to slip and fell on my knees next to him.

"Mommy, you suck!" He said to me. I gasped and got to my feet.

"Yeah, mommy, what the hell were you doing?" Allison mocked me. I stuck my tongue out for her to see and Gün giggled as she did it too.

"Now you spin!" I sat Indian style on the floor with the board on my hands. "If it's bad spin it again."

I chuckled. "Not helping you cheat, that's not good Gün!" I smiled at the boy but he just stared at me.

"And if you do that I will not take you to watch that superheroes movie, Günther! I am warning you: no cheating!"

"There, no cheating!" I followed her.

Günther sighed and nodded dramatically. Maybe he had been spending too much time with his beloved uncle Bill?

"Okay, okay! Can you spin it, mom?" It sounded like an extended "mooooohm" and I didn't exactly like it, but it seemed funny, so I spun it and got his left hand on red.

"You're so gonna loose!"

Allison got competitive, I watched her contort in ways I didn't even know a human could do and in the end as she saw victory getting closer and closer she just... dropped on the matt.

"I win! I win! Movie night!" Günther watched her fall and started jumping around. I gave my friend a glance and she shrugged with a side smile on her face.

"But not tonight, man, tomorrow." She explained still face down on the floor. "You, me, Uncle Georg... what do you say?"

Allison didn't need to ask before making plans of taking Günther anywhere; I liked to see him get along with my friends which I almost considered family at this point...besides, there was no doubt of how responsible Allison was so we trusted her with both of our kids. Georg was not that responsible but he had fun with Gün, which made Tom go insane thinking he would like to learn how to play bass and we'd end up having a Georg Listing as a son... he would only joke about it in front of Georg and oddly he would reply by saying that Günther was part of the "G's".

"I say yes!" Günther jumped up.

"Okay, man, pick this up please." I touched his nose with my index finger. "We're going out for lunch, when you're done cleaning this up go get your shoes, alright?" He nodded.

Allison followed me and started asking me about my mother once we reached the staircase.

"Well, she's coming for Gün's birthday on Friday, but she'll be here tomorrow...I hope." I said, looking up at the handrail with furrowed brows.

"Lily's coming over too then?" She asked me. I turned back to her with my hand on the rail.

"Yeah. She's coming too." Allison whistled.

"She's what? Ten?" I nodded, Jazmin somehow managed to appear in my mind. "I can't believe how old I feel... When she gets here I'll be so depressed... we're gonna have to get loose!" She gripped my shoulders and started shaking me softly while a couple of giggles escaped her mouth.

"I would love to but...well; I have two chubby bunnies to look after." Ally laughed and snorted at that.

"Alright, we'll keep it PG13 then, okay?" I nodded at her and we stepped into Lena's room. "May I?" She asked me and I shrugged in response. "Hello beautiful!" She reached down to grab Lena; lucky for us she was already awake.

Allison gave her a big smile with her mouth wide open as my baby girl stared with the pacifier in her mouth, we could see how she sucked on it, her already big round eyes scanned Allison and then she reached out and touched her face as my friend held her right in front of her.

"If I could name you again, I would call you Beauty!" She said in that high pitched baby voice everyone - from the female genre - always did for babies.

I snorted and crossed my arms over my chest as I watched Allison enjoying her five minutes of fame with Lena, making it obvious that she was dying to have a little one of her own. She kissed her and played with her, carrying her in her arms with care and staring at her, mesmerized by her tiny soft fingers on her cheek and the little noise made by the persistent sucking of the pacifier. Allison was just showing off her urgency for a family and it almost pained me... but Günther appeared upstairs with the box of twister under his arm, running frantically to his room, catching my eye.

I let my arms drop at both of my sides and walked out into the wide hallway to see the tall four year old boy with a smile on his face, stumping on the carpet with excitement into his room.

"I need to check on that one, you good?" I asked Allison but she was now lost in kissing Lena's chubby cheeks and listening to her loud giggles. "Yeah, you must be..." I turned on my heel and walked up to Gün's room.

The boy was sitting by the small desk and colored with all his might on one of the sketch books I got for him last month.

"Knock, knock!" I said instead of knocking, he jumped a little and turned his head quickly. "What are you doing?" I asked him bringing my hands behind my back and intertwining my own fingers.

I leaned down next to him so I was leveled with his blushing face. His skin was a little more like mine in shade, so any blush was always obvious. He pouted, pushing his bottom lip out giving me the puppy eyes that Tom so frequently gave me when he apologized for some stupid thing he had done...

"What?" I sang and smiled at him, dropping my hands on his desk. Gün pushed the sketchbook my way and showed me a drawing of a boy with a guitar, I thought it was Tom and gave him a warmer smile. "Is this daddy?" He shook his head and pointed at his chest meaning it was himself. I started at the drawing with a little more attention, I particularly enjoyed looking at Günther's drawings of himself, there was always something slightly different about the way he drew others and it easily caught my eye.

"I want to play like daddy." He confessed and his eyes fell on the wooden desk. "Sorry mommy." I felt confused, why would he have to apologize to me for saying this?

"What are you talking about, sweetie?" I let my hand run up his back and messed with his long-ish hair.

"When I play in a band I will go on tour like dad and you will be sad." He said and now I was the one pouting.

"No, I will miss you... but what are you saying? Learn how to play guitar and then you worry about me!" I giggled for him and his eyes turned to me, scanning me discretely like Tom sometimes did. "Come on," I straightened up and went to get Günther's shoes from his closet before going to him and sitting on the floor in front of him, he was very quiet for once, his face in that moment resembled Tom as much as it had ever did before.

"I want a guitar for my birthday." He finally said as I put the shoes on for him, tying the shoelaces. I stopped and looked up at his bright face, I blinked and nodded.

"What color?" I asked him and continued tying the laces, from the corner of my eye I saw him bringing his hand to his chin and look up.

"I want a black one like dad's." I giggled. That old guitar was one of Tom's favorites: a black Epiphone from way back in the day that had seen too many tour dates and was now a jewel to the German.

"You want an Epiphone?" I finished with his shoes and put my chin up as I talked to him still sitting on his little chair. "You want a Les Paul, Gün. I think they're good guitars, Daddy loves them!"

"I want a Les Paul for my birthday!" He jumped up in his chair and I sighed, picking myself up I offered him my hand and he gladly grabbed it, going back to Lena's room with me.

When we entered Lena's room, Allison was rocking Lena as she found herself feeling sleepy all of a sudden although as soon as she caught a glimpse of me she started crying, Allison's magical Aunty moment forever over now that my baby girl had realized those weren't my arms. She just didn't like strangers.

I didn't want to let go of Günther's hand but it wasn't necessary because he let go of me and went up to Allison, pulling on her pants to make her lean down.

"Don't scream, dad will nicht like it..." He said to Lena and patted her head; I smiled at them before taking crying Lena from Allison's very inexpert arms.

"You say "not" in English, sweetie." I told Gün as Lena rapidly quieted down with her head resting on the crook of my neck. The boy nodded and held on to Allison's hand.

"Daddy will nicht not it!" Allison giggled as I sighed. "Let's gooooo!" He sang and made us follow him. I had to stop to grab a jacket for each one of us.

"We are gonna have to stop at the mall, this one seriously wants to start walking and I think the crawling has to stop." Allison nodded as she helped me secure Gün on the backseat of the car as I did the same with Lena.

"What do you do when Tom's not around?" She wondered once we closed the back doors and sat in the front. I tilted my head to the question. "They are two kids and there is only one of you, Jo."

"I just get really tired, I guess." Ally snorted and rolled her eyes. "Seat belt, my friend!"

We took the kids to a little restaurant, Allison liked the place because the owner was an Irish man who (surprise, surprise!) spoke English. She helped me out with Lena, feeding her patiently on the high chair while we kept talking about everything and anything. Günther told her everything about his birthday party in LA and between her and me we were able to get him to say a little bit about his friend Harper.

"She's the dumbest!" He concluded and Allison narrowed her eyes at him before turning to me.

"She is really sweet."

I put a hand on Gün's head and he kept trying to keep his clothes clean while he ate, I might have been a little harsh the previous week when he got almost more lasagna on his shirt and pants than on his mouth... so now he was being a little too careful for a four year old. My bad?

"She is annoying!" Günther was eating some shrimp and smashed potatoes.

"I met her father," I turned to Allison and saw her looking at Lena with her mouth wide open as she got her to eat a little bit of her Boxty. (AN: Traditional Irish dish. Finely grated raw potato and mashed potato mixed together with flour, baking soda, buttermilk and occasionally egg, and then cooked like a pancake on a griddle pan.) Lena opened her mouth obediently to try it and then made an attempt at chewing; she seemed to like it as she opened her mouth again after eating the small piece. "His wife passed away."

Allison looked at me with surprise.

"What?" She and Gün asked at the same time, Günther wasn't very familiar with the term passed away yet.

"Harper doesn't have a mommy, Gün." He dropped the fork and stared at me looking for answers but made no questions.

"But...but... Why?" He finally managed out. "Who paints with her? Who makes her breakfast? Who does she hug when she feels sick?" I shrugged and he pouted with watery eyes. "Who makes her pancakes?"

I put a hand on his back and rubbed circles on it as his shoulders fell and he looked down at his food in embarrassment.

"She's alright, sweetie. Don't worry, okay? She's got a great daddy!" He looked up, still looking sad.

"I have a great daddy too, and a mommy. That's not fair." Allison looked at the two of us and upon catching me looking at her she shrugged and turned to Lena once again. I sighed; sometimes being a parent was not as easy as mom always made it look like...

"Gün, sometimes there are things that are not fair and you have to accept them." He pushed his bottom lip out with worried eyes. "Maybe next time you'll try to be nicer to her...?" He nodded frantically. "Okay. Now, what should we have for dessert?"

●●●

We spent the next couple of days getting used to Germany once more, I always felt strange living there without my father to visit. He was the only thing I was missing when I was on that side of the world.

I took Günther and Lena with me to the airport to pick mom and Lily up. Mom had a beautiful littlegirl holding her hand as they walked beside each other with their suitcasesrolling behind them. Lily was so different from the last time I saw her. She was taller and her hair had darkened to a point where it looked like mine; she also looked like a cute little ballerina with her big skirt and a white shirt. She waved madly at us while Lena clung to my neck at the sight of strangers; on the other hand I struggled to keep Günther from running to his beloved grandma and "sister" (he just couldn't get it yet...).

As soon as mom and Lily were close enough I let go of my boy and he ran to my mom first. She bent down and hugged the little man tightly, kissing every inch of his cheeks and forehead. Lily said hi to me and Lena and even though the baby girl wasn't recognizing her she allowed Lily to hold her for a few seconds before reaching out for me with that scared little pout of hers.

"She's a momma's girl, Lily, sorry!" I grabbed her again and Lily giggled.

"I understand her." She said to me and then turned around to see Günther's lipstick stained face smiling up at her. "Hey, Gün!" The two hugged and Gün looked like he had just discovered a new toy.

"It's gonna be so fun, Lils!" Gün pretty much yelled. I laughed at him with mom managing to pull Lena out of my arms. With all of her experience, she still couldn't prevent her from complaining and when she didn't stop crying a few minutes later, I gave her her suitcase back and held my baby, who immediately settled with her head on the crook of my neck.

"Those two are never gonna shut up." Mom commented as we watched Lily and Gün talk in front of us on our way out. "Fernando spoils her a little too much so now she never shuts up."

"I don't have the heart to tell Günther to be quiet; he likes to describe things in detail..." I admitted and mom smiled at me.

"At first it's good, how else will they learn to speak? But... she speaks a language I don't; she's learnt enough, she can slow down now!" Mom commented and now I smiled at her. "Oh, dear... enjoy this clingy little darling while it lasts, once they realize mommy is not the only person in the world things change so much..." I nodded with my eyes on Gün. It happened, the first time he went to school and he would not stop talking about his teacher... but he was never clingy at all, Lena on the other hand, she hated strangers. "Tell Tom too, and by the way, where is he?"

I grabbed Gün's hand and Lily grabbed mom's once we reached the exit. I was driving Tom's car because it was bigger than mine and Lily's seat took a lot of space.

"He had to stay in LA to work on his solo project." Mom nodded with pursed lips. "He's going to be here tomorrow, don't worry."

"I'm not worried." She responded with a shrug but I could tell she wasn't too happy with the information. "He's never let us down." I nodded with a smile.

I had insisted that they should stay at our house but mom was as stubborn as me and said that she couldn't do that now that there were two kids home, I tried and tried on the way to their hotel but she said no every single time so in the end we all waited as they got their room key and once they left their things on the room we went home.

I smiled at Gün and Lily goofing around in the backseats before I started the engine again. Mom told me everything about her new job, she had just gotten a promotion and apparently it made her very happy.

"Lily, stop kicking my seat!" Mom said and turned her head between our own seats to look at the kids in the back. "Tell your sister about that thing you are doing now." I turned to my rear view mirror and made a turn.

"Yeah... tell me!" I said still with my eyes on the road ahead.

"I started taking drum lessons!" That surprised me a bit, she had sticked to piano and singing up until now and although I figured when she met Gustav a few years ago that she liked the sound of percussions I was still shocked.

"Oh!" I smiled at the road pretty sure that mom was looking at me to figure my reaction. "That's amazing! Do you like it?"

"Yeah!" She practically yelled from the backseat. Lily grabbed Gün's teddy bear and I caught a glimpse of the boy's face when he stared at her hands on it. I smiled directly to my mother before we got going. "But I cannot practice too much, Maura doesn't like the "noise"..."

"Is that so, mom?" I asked her and she shrugged in her seat. "Well, I guess you'll just have to figure it out, Lily!"

We were there pretty soon afterwards, I parked the car outside the house and mom helped me get the kids out of the back. Once I got the door open, the dogs ran to say hello to Lily and mom. I was a little worried about Tom's pet but decided to push the thought away and watched Lily sit on the floor near the door, she had Rize in her lap and as she rubbed it's ears Bora leaned on her knee to pet herself. I heard Lily's distinctive bubbly laughter and then recognised Lena's chaotic one.

As I held to Günther's hand, he handed me his teddy bear and ran to Lily, mom was holding Lena on her feet as she thought she was playing with Bora. Günther sat indian style next to Lily on the floor. He pet Rize with a smile on his face and then mom looked up at me.

"Lovely family you've got here." She winked at me and I stared down at the teddy bear left in my hands as I let out a sigh. "Who wants some cookies?" She asked at no one in particular and I saw Günther's back straighten instantly at the mention on the word "cookies".

"ME!" As I had expected, he raised his hand up and I watched Lily giggle at him.

"C'mon, gotta wash these!" My sister got up, leaving the excited dogs behind she offered Günni her hand and helped him up. Mom gave me a proud stare and I followed the oldest two into the bathroom, Lily was actually tall enough to reach the sink without the little bench I'd gotten for Gün and she even had the brilliant idea of helping Gün wash his hands. I was leaning on the doorframe with surprise.

When had my sister grown up? How much did I miss, exactly?

"Well... how old are you Lily?" I played with the teddy bear's ears. I couldn't quite remember when was the last time I washed the stuffed animal, thing was: I had to wash it often because I was still doubtful about Günther having asthma or not, mine had been awful so I didn't want that for him or Lena, but he seemed to be doing just fine.

"I am 10!" She said right before handing Günther the towel. "11 this year!" She said.

"Wow, so old!"

"I am turning 6 tomorrow!" Günther chimed in. Lily smiled at him and nodded.

"I know, silly! That's why I'm here!" She put her hand on top of his head, he was not that short but she was taller than him by a few inches.

For the next few hours I watched this two go around like brother and sister while mom enjoyed her precious grandma status with Lena firmly gripping on her shirt as she carried the baby girl around.

I laughed with mom and helped making cookies, by the time we managed to put them in the oven Lily and Gün were covered in flour. I took a picture of them looking through the glass door of the oven in hopes of catching the exact second the cookies cooked. I giggled to my own as I leaned on the kitchen island with mom sitting next to me and Lena on her lap.

"These two... oh, mom!" I said to her as I showed her the picture. She smiled and reached out grabbing my phone and placing it near her face for a second before pushing it away and finally figuring out what I was showing her.

"Yeah, Lily is always wondering about Gün." I turned to look at the small pair and saw them going for the glass door to the garden.

"Careful, you two!" I yelled after them.

"She's got it." Mom told me. "I need to talk about... something with you. But maybe Tom should be here too. " Mom looked serious all of a sudden. I took a seat and dropped my phone after sending the picture to Tom.

"What is it, mom?" I let out a dry chuckle. "Is it something serious? You're scaring me..."

We looked at each other for a few seconds and then turned to Lena when she reached out for me having had enough of her grandma for a while.

"Here. Come on, hermosa." I pulled her up and down in my lap; I smiled at her and ran a hand through her soft baby hair.

"It's about the arrangement... about your sister." She said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, please leave a comment and a vote - it makes me happy, what can I say?