Chapter Twenty-three. With Every Word.

I love this song, but for whatever reason if there is a German version, I will like it better in German. 

Now, I know you will hate me...

And I am sorry. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom and I had an awful couple of days, my foot was still in awful shape but I managed to get through the photoshoots, I posed only for the website pictures of the clothes while we had another male and female models pose for the rest of the stuff.

Angie and I decided to stick by the set during the photoshoots and having Matt there didn't make it any easier for me to stop thinking about Tom.

We fought in the morning, then at night I would go to sleep on an empty bed as he decided to go out with his friends almost every night.

I came back home with Günther after the last day of shooting, he loved to see Matt doing his thing with the camera. Everything about a photoshoot caught his attention and although I didn't know if Matt was especially good with kids he started talking to him about what he was doing, and while I tried to give the models some direction Gün had his very own crash course on photography from one of the best in the industry...it was fun to watch, I was always so amazed by how I had given birth to that kid... that kid with such a smart little brain!

After getting out of the studio in the middle of a cold rainy afternoon I went to the salon where Allison was working and Gün had his haircut. The salon was big and every workstation had a mirror illuminated by small led lights, the chairs were bright silver with black cushions. The waiting area had a couple of black couches and a small coffee table in the middle.

I saw the haircut happen with mixed emotions. It was a goodbye to my little five-year-old boy and a bright hello to a renewed six-year-old, who looked a little bit more like a boy than a girl. Günther couldn't contain his excitement either when Allison showed him the ponytail of long dark blonde hair she had taken from him.

"We could save it and donate it, you know?" Allison said. "A lot of clients here have done it." She added.

"Really?" I scrunched up my nose and she nodded.

"If it's in good conditions we give it to this organization that makes wigs for kids with cancer." She explained. "All you have to do is let me keep it." I nodded and Günther frowned.

"What's a cancer?"

I frowned now and Allison apologized in silence before pushing me away and placing her hands on the little boy's shoulders.

"It's like an ugly cold." She dismissed his question and put her chin on Gün's right shoulder as he stared at her reflection on the mirror. "What style do you want?"

Gün smiled a toothy grin.

"Onkel Georg's!" Allison hummed in response and turned to me.

"Is he for real?" I nodded and shrugged pointing at him. "Okay, but it's really short..." She pointed out and Gün covered his eyes.

We heard the muffled sound of his voice. "Just do it, Aunty!"

Gün's brand new hairstyle was a topic of conversation on dinner, Tom stared at him and asked him if it was really what he had wanted and Günther said it was.

"Now I can do my own hair!" He shouted with a spring roll on his hand. "Aunty Allison taught me how to!"

"Don't show him right now, honey!" I told him when I saw him about to drop the food on the plate and touch his hair.