Chapter Twenty-five. How It Ends This Way.

So... I know this is torture, so I am trying to upload more. This song means the world to me, so respect it and listen to it please!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw the bright white light, there was something holding my head in place, it felt like I was moving but I was lying down. It made me feel motion sick. I heard so much noise, people talking really fast, the sound of wheels rolling down a corridor, quick steps, and ambulances.

"...hello... tell...name?" I saw a small group of faces above me; barely a flash of eyes and noses.

My eyes closed, they were so heavy.

"I...tz...can...your name?" I felt nothing at all and then my eyes must have closed again.

I couldn't stay awake, the pressure on my chest was too heavy and it was all I could feel, so why would I want to?

Tom

I was sitting next to my friends, we were all trying to think of somewhere where Jo could have gone, but in the way I started thinking of something else.

I found it hard to fall asleep. After giving the guys a ride back to their hotel we took Jo back to ours, Bill would have offered to share his bed with her, but we were all a little too old for that, so as always we told her to make herself at home in the guests' room. Mom and dad usually slept in there when they were in town, which was on rare occasions. I turned on the bed and tried to take a deep breathe before closing my eyes.

I wasn't sure Jo realized how close she had been. That creep had her pinned against a wall, he had hit her and all she managed to do was cry and try not to stop breathing. I knew she could get a horrible panic attack if her asthma kicked in, the thing that got my blood running was the way he was touching her without her permission. I had hated it, it was simply disgusting.

I opened my eyes in the dark and turned around again so I could lie on my other side.

The alcohol ran through my system rather quickly when I heard her scream. He slapped her. I saw it. I saw that guy slap her and I had it. No one had any right to do that to Jo or to any other girl, who did that idiot think he was? I didn't take it. I made sure he didn't touch her again and I got so into it... when I turned back to look at her, she was giving me that look.

She was scared. I had scared her too.

"Ugh..." I laid on my back and stared at the ceiling.

Why did Jo have to grow up pretty? She had obviously been a pretty girl since the day we met, but why did she have to stay that way? I hated the feeling in my stomach; as if I had failed. I had another weird sensation on my chest, worry, and I couldn't bring myself to sleep while I felt that worried about Jo. She was sleeping just across the hallway from me, but I felt like she should need some checking on.

For years we had made her stay the night, sometimes she fell asleep on the couch, sometimes she drank something and knowing how much of a lightweight she was we never let her drive like that. We had never invited her to stay the night because a guy tried to fucking rape her at the club.

I leaned forward and sat on the bed. I heard some noise coming from the kitchen, I assumed. It was the sound the fridge door made when anyone opened it. It might have been Bill, I thought he could be going through the same small struggle as I was, so I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen.

The figure leaning on the sink wasn't tall enough. I walked up to her in the dark and put my arms around her, it was meant to be a soothing hug, but she freaked out. I felt stupid, of course she would freak out!