Chapter Nine. I'll Come Running to See You Again.

I hated it when Tom was right, he said it was time I went over to Bill's and had a word with him. After our date night and that little conversation we had things kept going pretty smoothly between us and to our surprise as soon Tom left to give Alex a ride back home, Günther jumped out of bed and ran to see me in our room. It was sweet, I offered him warm milk so he could go back to sleep but he camped out by the little door at the top of the stairs and waited until Tom was back. Lena had given Alex a lot of work from what I gathered and the boy admitted he was awful at diaper-management but he still did a great job with our little girl and while Tom wasn't looking I gave the boy an extra twenty that he received with shock but kept quiet when I shrugged at him.

All in all, it had been a good thing and now I was sitting in the car waiting to magically gain the nerve to step out and knock on his door. It wasn't going very well because I had been sitting there for at least twenty minutes already...

Finally I forced myself to do it, reminding myself that I always told Günther to be a brave kid after a nightmare, "go back there and tell that bad monster to keep it down!" I would tell him and he would nod with determination and close his eyes to go back to sleep with his head on mine or Tom's chest. But I wasn't brave, I didn't want to go to Bill and talk about this ridiculous thing I had going on in my head. I had never cared this much about Bill keeping me out of his top secret love life.

I locked the car and ran my hand down my long skirt as I held Lena on my hip before walking any further into Bill's driveway, I heard the clicking of my heels on the pavement and then had to throw my weight on my toes when I stepped on the grass. When I stopped I was in front of Bill's door. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell looking down at myself.

I threw my ponytail over my shoulder and waited, Bill opened the door with his favorite dog following him. Pumba jumped at the sight of me.

"Come on in!" Bill said naturally and I thanked him when I went inside, he held and kissed Lena.

"Hi, how are you?" I kissed Bill's cheek and put my arm around his shoulder for a second, he did the same: it was a sort of truce.

"I'm fine, you?" We sat in the living room and I saw Timon sleeping on its back in one of the couches, the spoiled doggie.

"Fine too." I told my blonde friend. "Are you ready for Germany?" I asked him. He nodded and pointed at his phone with Lena sitting on his lap staring up at him with her mouth wide open.

"I have been talking to the guys and mom is just thrilled we're going!" I nodded and saw him bite his tongue to stop himself from telling me anything about his brother; at least I pictured him doing it.

"Yes, I bet! She's gonna get to carry Lena without Tom being all over her!" I joked. "We're married; I know he's staying to do studio hours."

Bill nodded and rolled his eyes, I chuckled.

"Of course, he is just so slow I don't wanna mess it up for him..." He explained. "I already did for myself!"

I blinked a couple times and looked away.

"What do you mean?" I asked him with furrowed brows. Bill pinched the bridge of his nose and shrugged.

"Mark." I nodded without saying anything. Bill's eyes turned to look at me. "I asked him to go to Germany with me. He said no and we kinda had a fight."

My eyes widened in surprise.

"What?" I felt angry. "What do you mean he said no? Who can say no to you?" Bill smiled down at Lena and I smiled too. "How long have you been dating?" Bill turned to me with that odd look in his eyes. "Oh, Bill...you're a flirt when he's around! I was mad five seconds ago but he failed you. THAT pisses me off!" I leaned to him on the couch.