Chapter Forty-three. You Had Me Underrated.

Enjoy this one along with the song (I love Demi, but cannot help to feel angry about the fact that she sometimes has to give in to wearing ridiculous outfits when her voice alone should sell records...) 

Enough of my rambles!

Also: If wattpad could get its shit together, that would be cool, thanks. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I smiled at Günther, Tom and I had spoken to his teacher the day before; we had expected to have to apologize for something inappropriate that he could have done. He had once decided to give one his classmates a haircut... but before Tom opened his mouth I squeezed his hand and made him wait for the young woman across from us and behind a desk to tell us what was really happening. It turned out, she only wanted to let us read a little worksheet he had turned in the week before; he had written some really cute things about his family, and the teacher also meant to tell us to encourage him to do more reading and let him express himself. Tom chuckled when he read the small paragraph he wrote – with a fair share of mistakes and a little of English thrown into the mix – about him.

"Sweetie, I gotta get something from the store; do you wanna come with me?" I asked Gün, Lena was absolutely coming with but I needed to check with Gün, just for the fun of it.

He liked to act important and say no, only so I would beg him and then he could pretend to leave something aside to say yes.

"I don't know... teddy hates being alone..." He said.

I put my bottom lip out and blinked a couple at time on his direction, the car was already parked in front of the small drugstore.

"Oh, I am sure he won't mind... Please?" I put my hands together and he nodded from the backseat.

I got out of the car and put Lena on her stroller, making sure Günther was walking along, because I couldn't hold his hand at that moment. We went through the store to the feminine hygiene section and I picked out something very familiar to me. Günther was distracted attempting to talk to Lena, she only stared at her older brother and repeated a few words she knew, but nothing made sense even for Günther.

"She said she peed... a cookie?" Günther frowned up at me while we made our way back to the front to pay.

"What?" I frowned too and Günther shrugged, pointing at Lena on the stroller.

Suddenly she yelled.

"Pee!" She said and Günther giggled.

I noticed people around us staring and clapped at Lena for announcing she was taking a pee in her squeaky clean – not so much anymore –diaper.

We went back home and I was ready to change a diaper and help Günther with some simple math problems. The next day Tom and I were having yet another anniversary, it was unbelievable how fast time was going by and even more incredible was knowing all the things we had accomplish in the little time we were married. I had no idea if Tom had any plans, but I wanted to take the chance to remind him just how much he, as both: a friend and husband, meant to me. After all, there were times when we wouldn't work without being each other's best friend.

I found myself googling some information for Gün's homework, it was simple math but I was... not able to help and it seemed ridiculous to me. We figured it out in the end and then I sat in the family room to make some calls and work that I could have done in the office but preferred to do from home.