Chapter Twenty-eight.Never felt embraced.

I cannot promise another chapter for tomorrow, but I will try! 

Funny thing, I really went back to Scream for a while (as the last couple of chapters may show...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went back home, Günther was nervous, I could see it. As soon as I walked through the door with Maura he reached out for me to carry him, asking about his mother.

"She is sick, man." I said as he looked at me. "...Mommy is sick."

Maura looked at me when Lily walked in behind Allison and Georg, who had Lena on his arms.

"Lily, come here." Maura grabbed Lily's hands and kneeled in front of her, it was a gesture I'd been seeing Jo do since the day Günther learned how to stand on his own two feet.

"A flu?" Gün asked me and the question made me smile.

I nodded.

"A bad flu. She's going to be in the hospital for a while."

I looked at the boy's face, the haircut made him look boyish, I had to admit it looked good. He was really a lot like me.

"Can we visit?" He wondered and I had to shake my head no. "Why?" He sounded alarmed. "Does mommy have cancer?!"

"No! What? No! No, of course not, she's just not feeling too well... And hospitals are not a place for kids, I will go and tell her that you want her to get better; but I cannot bring you man, those are the rules for now." I said. "When she stops being contagious... I promise I'll bring you."

Günther twisted his mouth to the side and looked away as he nodded.

"But she is fine? Right?" He was a lot heavier than I remembered.

"Yes." I lied. "She is just fine."

I put him down and watched him go to Lily. The two were inseparable, Lily was a great influence on him and it was obvious that Günther's lack of understanding on things helped to keep him calmed while Lily's not too good one made her worry a little more than necessary.

"Ally, let's go outside!" I watched Günther make Lily and Allison run behind him to catch up with him as he decided he wanted to play in the trampoline.

"Eat something, take a bath, Tom; I'll watch this one." Maura grabbed Lena from Georg's arms and she rested her head on her shoulder.

I sighed and looked at Georg next, he nodded and looked at his watch.

"I am going to help Allison outside, uhm..." Georg patted my shoulder.

As he started walking away he turned around and pointed at me, remembering something, he told us that Gustav had gone to pick Bill up at the airport. I thanked him and then turned to my mother in law.

"Do you want some coffee?" I asked her and she nodded. "I am so sorry, Maura... I..." We walked into the kitchen and I couldn't take my mind off things.

"You don't have coffee?" I smiled.

I often forgot who Jo was more alike.

She sat me down, placing one hand on my shoulder; Josephine's mom was a little bit taller than her but still managed to pull me down on the chair in a second. She put Lena on my lap and I played with the girl's hands while she stared at me.

"I am her mom; I should be the one worried the most." She said once she put the coffee machine working. I nodded. "It's gonna be a sandwich."

I watched the woman go around the kitchen making lunch for me; mom was sitting next to Jo, in case she opened her eyes. Gustav had been with Georg watching the kids and Bill had flown overnight to get back here – on his own.