Chapter Forty-five. You're Flame to the Fire.

Chapter!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been able to spend a couple hours with Fernando, Lily and Günther. We went out to get the two little ones some ice cream. We walked around the block and near the park found Lily's favorite ice cream store. While we walked with the kids in front of us, Fernando told me about his son, like mom, he had been married before and had a couple of kids; now men older than me.

"All of this has been hard on all of us." He said and touched his bald head, in fact, he looked rather strange without the hair, but even so, he didn't look as bad as I had imagined. "Diego, the accountant, calls every week."

"I bet he does, it's really hard to watch while someone's sick." I told him with my eyes glued to Günther chatting with Lily.

"I know..." He said. "And I want to thank you for being here." He said. "Your mother needed it."

I frowned and looked up at the weak man walking next to me. I shrugged and looked him in the eyes so he knew I was being honest.

"We don't have a very close relationship, but... you're still family to me." I smiled, "I'm not calling you "dad", but I want you to be okay."

Fernando nodded and looked down at his feet when we stopped at the small store.

"That means a lot to me." I nodded.

"Why else would my kids call you abuelo?" I said half-jokingly.

We chuckled and went inside, where I had to pull Günther up so he could have a look of the variety of ice creams there were.

"I want a green one!" He told me, pointing at one of the containers in the big fridge. "What will you get?"

I looked around and couldn't resist to the harlequin ice cream. We ended up getting out there hand in hand while each of us held a cone. Günther had gotten his Lemon one, and Lily and Fernando were eating chocolate and vanilla.

We let the two kids run around in the park, Lily was careful, she didn't let go of her chocolate ice cream cone while she played with Günther, who left me with his cone in my hand and ran to the slide.

Fernando and I sat down to watch them play for a few minutes.

"I know that Lily plays because of Tom; how's Günther doing?" I smiled at the question.

"Well, he is getting really good with the guitar..." I told him, "won't stop practicing, whenever that Tom can't give him the lesson he wants to see Gordon..." I chuckled. "You must get better, he loves football too."

Now Fernando laughed.

"I don't think he will be the next Sergio Ramos..." He joked.

"No, he's short on the nose..." I joked too and we chuckled. "Is it normal that I look at him and see...? Tom?"

Fernando raised his brows and looked up at the sky for a second before squinting his right eye and nodding. He looked at me and apologized.

"Yes. Do you see yourself in them?" I shook my head.

"Not as much." I rectified. "I don't think I was that much trouble..." I laughed.

Just to prove my point, Günther cried on the ground at the bottom of the slide. We went up to him quickly and I made Lily help me hold the ice cream.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked Gün, looking at and examining him without knowing if touching him or not.

He was sitting on the dirt with his hands on his head while had a hard time keeping from crying.