Chapter Thirty-three. Another Girl in the 21st Century.

I need to upload the Spanish version but I am sort of caught up with a LOT of homework and big procrastination issues... sorry! Anyway, I hope you like this one!

Listen to the song! I am such a sucker for Marina and the diamonds...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Year that year was one of the weirdest things I have experienced; Tom and I went to a New Year's Eve party with Günther and Lena, it was fun but it was odd.

I had spent a couple of hours getting ready, I wasn't sure what anyone was expecting from me, so I looked at pictures from previous parties and realized I really had to put some effort into it. I looked at Tom go into the living room with Lena in his arm, one of his acoustic guitars and Günther following with his own guitar. I heard them downstairs and got curious, my hair was still damp from the shower and I was wearing my pajamas with no idea of what to wear.

The kids were in pajamas too and Tom was wearing a pair of pants and a light shirt after taking his dog to the vet that morning; the little guy with white marks and long nose was a beautiful aging dog, but Tom said he wasn't acting himself lately and that got us worried.

"So what are you doing?" I asked them and Tom turned to look at me with the guitar on his lap.

Günther was holding his on a similar way and when he looked up at me I saw something very similar between the two of them again, like a flash of resemblance. I smiled as I waited for a reply, it was Lena the one who spoke first and it was brilliant.

We all looked down at her sitting on the carpet with her toys and a pink blanket underneath her.

"Bah-bah tahrre." She said loudly bringing her hand down as if playing clumsily on an imaginary guitar.

Tom nodded and then looked up at me, explaining that it was a guitar lesson. Günther smiled enthusiastically from his seat across from Tom.

I pushed my hair back and asked him how formal would the party be, he raised a brow at me and I shrugged, nothing too useful came out of that conversation so I rolled my eyes and went back upstairs.

The sound of the guitars downstairs was covered by the sound of the hair blow dryer, I didn't know what to do with my hair but I started playing with it in front of the mirror and after getting as many bobby pins as possible in it, it looked good. When I was done I figured makeup was the next thing in the list but I wasn't sure how dark or how light did I want to do it; so while I decided maybe finding the outfit was the best thing to do to help me move on, Tom walked in.

I pulled out a yellow dress and waved it a little for Tom to see it. He frowned and grabbed the dress from the bottom before looking up at me with his face still down.

"Uh... it's not that formal." He said and then let go of the dress. "Why don't you wear pants? I'm sure it's gonna be cold."

I nodded and turned around, putting the dress back in place. I stared at my clothes and then suddenly leaned on the wall, facing him with a pout.

"Do I usually get fashion advice from you?" I asked.

Tom leaned on the same wall with his arms crossed over his chest and a more relaxed expression.

"No. You usually know what to wear for everything." He wasn't looking at me.

I hummed and then turned back to my clothes. I grabbed a pair of black pants with a white one stripe on each side, a sweater and a black blazer. Tom stared at me with a side smile on his face.