Chapter Four. So Long Thinking.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Günther's voice woke me up, I'd been on the phone with Tom for hours last night and now Gün was jumping on the bed calling out for me as loud as he could. As I opened my eyes and begged him to stop I saw the big smile on his face. "Mommy, come on!" He grabbed my hand and pulled at it.

I followed him with the ache of sleep still on my head; he held my hand tightly and pulled me into the hallway where Lena was crawling her way to the staircase.

"Oh boy..." I let out before running up to her, she had gotten out of her crib on her own, there was no way Gün could have... or could he? He didn't seem tall enough. "Honey, how did you get here, huh?" I held her small head to my shoulder and turned around to see Gün giggling. "Did you get your sister out of her crib?"

"No, no, she did it alone!" Gün explained with his hands up.

"So you're a lively one?" I looked at Lena's young little face, her round eyes stared up at me when she babbled something. "Yeah, yeah...tell that to the judge!" I said playfully and touched her nose. "Okay, let's go get changed, Gün."

The boy ran up to his room and I had to follow him with Lena in my arms. Her hands were put on my chest as she mumbled something to me. I kept pretending she was telling me some story but couldn't understand anything she tried to communicate.

I helped Günther pick an outfit and then went downstairs to make some breakfast, realizing it was a little late, I'd have to drop him off at school and then come back home to get a shower. It wasn't fun to be doing this on my own but it was only for a week and from the way Tom spoke it seemed that they were doing some awesome stuff for the next album and having fun.

Günther had decided that he was going to sleep with me while his dad was gone; after all, Tom put him on our bed before leaving, so he felt like it was his right and duty. I read for him and he fell asleep very fast, then I'd get Tom's call or text. It had only been four days but I already knew I would be waking up to Günther poking my arm or cheek. He wasn't subtle and I constantly reminded myself that he was a newbie at life so I couldn't take it on him for not realising how awful it was to be woken up by his incredibly loud whispering on my ear and poking of my face.

I walked back upstairs with Lena in my arms and got changed quickly as she sat in the bed staring at me. I made a habit of talking to her about anything and now she listened to me speaking in Spanish and putting on a random pair of jeans and a shirt. I took her into the bathroom with me and sat her on the sink in front of me while I pulled my hair up on a ponytail.

With the baby girl on my hip I held Gün's hand and we went downstairs.

"Can we have pancakes?" I sighed and shook my head. "Whyyyyy?" He whined.

"Because we're running late, amor." We went into the kitchen and I sat down with my coffee as he stared at the cereal boxes in front of him with hatred. I tilted my head to the side and put Lena on her tall chair before taking a sip of my coffee and making a wild promise to my kid. "Tomorrow." I said and he looked at me with a frown on his face, looking so much like a younger Tom. "Tomorrow we're having pancakes, I promise." He shrugged but still frowned. "Guapo... just eat cereal this morning, please?"

He looked up at me and I pulled out my bottom lip and flipped my eyelashes at him. He sighed and grunted... and grabbed the Captain Crunch box.

"Thank you." I kissed the top of his head and took another sip of my coffee before giving Lena her food. This was a good morning for her, the previous days she had been screaming and crying when Tom wasn't the one taking her out of her crib but since she had jumped out of it – something I had to stop – she was happy.