Before It's Too Late

Whatever you're doing, stop. Think about the people you love in your life and the ones you don't. Make amends. Say kind things. Say: "I love you", "I'm proud of you", "you matter to me". You may never have a chance to say them again.  

     - Grenineon (lightly edited by me -- hope you don't mind, Gren!)

We should always be cognizant of the fact that each day could be our last. Today could be the last day of my life or the life of a person that I know and care about. But death is not the only thing that separates. Today could be the last day that I will ever see someone or the last day that I will be able to talk with them. It could just be the last day that things will be "like this".

We all know this, but it's good to remind ourselves from time to time. I'm doing this challenge for Gren (read her original post if you haven't already) and for everyone who needs to hear this and everyone who needs to hear the words those people will write. I will try to include absolutely everyone, which means it will be short for each and also means that you MUST tell me if I forget about someone!!! I swear I didn't mean to!

Grenineon - I'm so glad to have you back on Wattpad! I would have really missed you because I really love having you as one of my friends.

annadhamam - It was so great of you to make a cover for my book without even being asked! I don't know you very well, but that makes you pretty cool in my book! (Get it?)

Dragons_Rose - I loved getting to know you and your writing through the GRA tournament, and I hope to continue getting to know you better.

Darker_X - I love our conversations about programming and the telegrams we've sent back and forth in NationStates! It's great to have a friend like you!

Vespin - We know each other mostly because I reviewed your book and ended up really enjoying it, but you also seem like a person I would like getting to know better. It doesn't seem like you've been on a lot lately, but I hope you will again in the future!

RiverIvy - I want to thank you so much for being an awesome friend and for trying to cheer me up when I was having a really tough time. That really meant a lot to me. You're one of those people that I really wish that I could meet in person some day.

PikaChick - We haven't talked a lot, but I always love reading your books and I always appreciate it when you read mine! I think I've gotten behind lately, but I want you to know that it's not because of you or your writing. I've fallen behind on so many things lately, but catching up on Red Lightning is one of the things I'm really looking forward to!

Scarlet_Regnar - I feel like I've known you forever but haven't known you well for very long. I always enjoy it when I do talk to you, so I hope for many great conversations in the future.

eleventhfangirl - You're not even going to read this, probably, because you haven't been on this website in forever! But, look, here I am, adding you to the list because that's what sisters do. But you don't get any more than that until you read another chapter or leave a comment or do SOMETHING! :P

MelonLord7 - We also got to know each other a little bit through the GRA contest. It was really nice getting to know you, especially because you took the time to chat with me before we went up against each other. It was great to have you as an opponent, and I hope to keep running into you around Wattpad from time to time.

FabulousAliya - I'll never forget you for making the awesome original cover for The Girl with the Chikorita for me! And I found out that you're a really nice and great person in the process, so I'm happy that it gave me the chance to get to know you a little.

shinymewgirl - I don't know you very well personally, but your name always sticks out to me as one of my favorite readers and commenters! I've been meaning to try reading something of yours one of these days, but somehow I've never gotten around to it yet. I'll really have to sometime!

isa125 - I always remember you as one of my first fans (which also makes you one of the longest lasting!), so you'll always have a special place for me!

Darth_Sylph - I haven't heard much from you since I wrote the ending of The Girl with the Chikorita, and that makes me a little sad because I always loved your comments. I love your passion! As long as I'm making a list of things that I should do, I should probably check out some of what you write sometime.

SkarmoryRiders - You're one of my favorite people on this site, too! You just seem to have a great attitude and enthusiasm, and you're supportive, too. Too bad we have such completely different time zones -- that's why I keep missing you!

The_Dragons_Thorn - We just started getting to know each other recently, mostly because of our time zone similarity this time. Anyway, you seem like a cool person, too, and I'm sure that I'll keep getting to know you better. I look forward to it.

GottaReadEmAllClub - This is directed at anyone I don't know well enough yet to say something to individually and also to the group as a whole. You guys are awesome and friendly and welcoming and awesome! Did I say that already? Yeah, but what else can I say? You're just so awesome!