Favorites Challenge

When you get tagged by two people (Dragons_Rose and VanillaWind), you feel like you have to do it, so here I go again. I'm going to be using a loose definition of the word "favorite" in many of these cases because I'm either not committed enough or don't like anything in the category enough to really want to give it that special distinction of being my one and only "favorite".

 I'm going to be using a loose definition of the word "favorite" in many of these cases because I'm either not committed enough or don't like anything in the category enough to really want to give it that special distinction of being my one and on...

1. My favorite song actually is my favorite. It's called "Sometimes by Step".

2. The sport that I enjoyed playing most as a kid was soccer, although I'm not particularly fond of sports in general. I also played teeball and later girl's softball when I was young, but I didn't enjoy them particularly, just as I didn't particularly enjoy playing basketball for a couple years in junior high. I basically saw sports as a thing you do when you're a kid. It gives you exercise and something to do and it makes your parents happy. I was probably also supposed to be socializing or something...

3. My favorite band, tentatively, is Rend Collective.

4. My favorite show is probably Sherlock, although it's not very much like a normal show in terms of how many episodes there are and how frequently they come out. It's the show that I enjoy the most, but not the one I spend the most time watching.

5. I don't think I have a favorite movie. I don't enjoy movies as much as I enjoy books, and, actually, surprisingly few appeal to me. The last movie I saw and enjoyed enough to actually want to watch a second time was Inception. I also tend to like the Star Trek movies, but most of them are like extensions of the tv show for me, so I don't know if that really counts. Generally, I tend to like movies that have a greater than average depth and complexity, similar to Inception. The Star Trek movies feel like they have greater depth because I know all of the complex backstories of the characters (as unfolded in the tv series). I also appreciate movies with emotional and psychological complexity or plots like a puzzle (I'm thinking of Memento).

6. My favorite color is purple.

7. My usual answer for favorite food is stir fry (the way my mom makes it specifically). I also eat quite a lot of chocolate ice cream.

8. I don't have a favorite drink. Based on what I drink most often, the answer would have to be water. The number of drinks that I actually like is so limited that it makes more sense to list what I'm willing to drink than it does to select one favorite drink. In order of frequency, I drink water, milk, juice, and hot chocolate. That small list also excludes certain kinds of juice, most notably orange juice. I'll also drink a milk shake or a smoothie, but that is very rare.

9. I don't have a favorite video game, either. There are too many to pick from and no obvious winner. At the moment, I'm enjoying Pokémon X. I've spent significant time playing Pokémon Leaf Green and have very much enjoyed playing Pokémon Heart Gold due to the presence of a Chikorita who can trot along behind my character. I've also enjoyed a number of games for Game Cube, although it's been a long time now since I've played any of them. Standouts would be Harvest Moon Magical Melody, Super Mario Sunshine, Kirby Air Ride, and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Basically, I have a fondness for Nintendo.

10. I'm not going to tag 15 people, especially since some of the people I would have tagged have been tagged already by the people who tagged me. I'm going to pick just three people who I think will probably do it and weren't tagged that I saw: RiverIvy SGMijumaru Darker_X.