Excuses

Well, here I am writing one of those chapters that everybody hates about how I'm supposed to be writing stuff and I'm not. I haven't written one of these in the past because I feel like I should just do it. Just write stuff... or don't. Either way, people will see the updates or they won't, right? I also don't like to talk about my "real" life on here very much.

But, yeah, life is a thing. And sometimes it doesn't go the way you want.

The short version of the story is that I've been dealing with stuff that's been taking a lot of my mental and emotional energy. I even tried to start a thing where I would be making myself do some small piece of creative writing every day for a given period of time, and it fell apart because I had too many nights where I felt like pushing myself to write wouldn't actually be good or worth it.

So I haven't updated my one ongoing fanfic for the past five months. And I'm way behind where I wanted to be on the rewrite that I've been waiting to finish before I start posting it.

I'd like to find a way to fix that, but I'm not sure how to do that yet. Whatever was working while I was in college and publishing Getting Out of Fuchsia chapters nearly every Saturday or soon after I started my job when I really was writing a bit every day for The Girl with the Chikorita doesn't seem to be working with my current life. I feel like I need to change something, but I'm not sure what yet.

Anyway, I apologize to anyone who's frustrated by my slow pace and/or lack of updates. If there's an update for a particular book that you're really dying to see, you could try letting me know just to see if some added motivation kicks things into gear. I do have some extra time this weekend that I'm supposed to be spending on writing. I'll see what I can do.