20 Facts About Myself

1. I don't like telling random facts about myself! Whenever someone says, "tell me about yourself" or uses Two Truths and a Lie for an icebreaker, I just never know what to say. But, here I am, trying it anyway... Sigh.

2. Yes, my username does stand for something. It's an initialism of the names of the four main characters of the first book I ever wrote a complete draft of: Dawn, Sunrise, Twilight, and Evening. Now, why some of them have such unusual names and why these names are all related to each other is something that you'll just have to find out later because...

3. I hope to publish it someday! Although I'll probably publish another novel first since that's not actually the one that I'm working on right now. Technically, I'm not writing any novel right now. I'm just doing planning and research until I finish The Girl with the Chikorita and I can focus more completely. But soon I'll start again with publication as the ultimate goal.

4. I'm an adult with, like, a real job and everything! As of recently, anyway. I am one of the world's few remaining masters of COBOL (which is just a slight exaggeration). I also write in Java. For those of you who don't know, those are computer languages.

5. I have three siblings: two brothers and a sister. I'm the oldest, and my sister (who you may know as eleventhfangirl) is the youngest. My brothers don't have Wattpad accounts because they're LAME!

6. I've read over 500 books, and that's just the ones that I can count! I've loved reading ever since I was a kid. How much? Well, when I used to really get in trouble, my parents would ground me from reading books. I was never once grounded in the "real way", but I wished I had been instead when I couldn't read anything for a week! One of the times they did it, I think it's because I was reading instead of doing my homework. I really knew I should be working, but I had to know what was going to happen next!

7. Ugh, stuck already. I am SO bad at this. Um... I've always preferred to have just one or two close friends instead of having lots of friends and not being very close to any of them. I don't usually like going to big parties or being around lots of people anyway.

8. I'm definitely a very quiet person. When the weather is warm enough, I really like to go for long walks around my neighborhood and just think. Sometimes I also like to drive down to the lake and just watch the waves for hours or drive to a park where I can walk along some nice secluded trails.

9. I have a terrible sense of direction and would probably never be able to get anywhere without my GPS. I can't even name basic streets from the town where I lived for the first eighteen years of my life. Whenever I go back to visit, I have to stop and picture the route in my head before I can even tell whether I remember how to get somewhere. I wish I had compass sense like the girl with the Chikorita...

10. I don't care about fashion at all. My favorite outfit is a t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans with tennis shoes. I own four pairs of shoes total, and two of those aren't actually shoes at all (a pair of flip flops and a pair of winter boots). I've been proudly able to get by for years with just one skirt and one summer dress. And, yes...

11. I am female. I know I've never really said so anywhere, and that was kind of intentional. One part of it is that I just really like being anonymous. What I really like, though, is that if no one knows what my gender is or what I look like, they can't make judgements about me based on it. And I think that lots of people make those kinds of judgements without even realizing that they're doing it, which is why I like the idea that anyone who comes across my profile on this site will just have to judge me based on what little I choose to say there and on what I write. But hopefully the people who are going to read this are the ones who already know me at least a little!

12. I live in the U. S. In the midwestern... region... Ah, what's the point? You can tell from my sister's profile that we both live in Wisconsin. I've never lived anywhere else, and I think it's the best state there is. Obviously, though, I may be just a teeny bit biased.

13. I can't do any kind of accent but my own, not even, say, a decent Southern accent or one from another part of the U. S. I talk like I'm from Wisconsin. That thing you get a drink of water out of? That's called a bubbler! NOT a water fountain! Fountains are those things you find in parks with people throwing pennies into. End of discussion!

14. I don't speak any other languages, either, at least not well enough for it to count for anything. I took four years of Spanish classes in high school and a bit in college, so I can understand it decently enough to get the gist of what's being said when I hear it or read it. Like, "Oh, that song is about love! Something about how this one girl has beautiful eyes." But if I try to say much of anything at all, I only embarass myself. I feel jealous of people who naturally know two or three or even more languages, and I wish that here in the U. S. we would have more of a focus on languages other than just English. Maybe if I'd started learning when I was younger, it would have been a whole lot easier...

15. I'm very picky about beverages. I don't drink alcholol or coffee or even soda, which makes a lot of people think I'm kind of weird.

16. I hate watching sports, so much so that I don't even completely understand football. People start talking about the Packers or about their fantasy teams and I just zone out until they're done. And then I go out and run errands while the games are on so I don't have to deal with as much traffic! Superbowl Sunday is the best for that.

17. I prefer the Wattpad website to the Wattpad app because I'm usually on my laptop. I like my laptop because it makes it so much faster and easier to type, and I do a lot of typing. I get annoyed if I even have to leave a comment on someone's chapter without using a good old fashioned keyboard. (As if keyboards are actually old fashioned, though!)

18. Speaking of technology, I still use a flip phone, which I use primarily for... gasp! making phone calls! I know, I'm the most technologically backwards computer programmer in the world.

19. I never swear, not even on accident.

20. I am secretly a ninja! Sorry, I just didn't want to sit here for another ten minutes trying to think up one last thing. I'm just kidding!

...

Or am I?