13 Questions Part 2

Alright, since Darker_X tagged me back, I'm tacking this on to my last one. If you want to see the rules, etc. look at the previous chapter. This time, I'm just going to answer the questions. Yeah, I broke the rules. Whatever. If no one broke the rules, this challenge would circle around the website forever, growing exponentially each time. I'm sure the creator of the challenge didn't actually want that, so I've been more than fair by doing it correctly the first time around and answering the questions for a second time here.

So here are my answers to X:

1. What is your worst fear?

I actually don't even want to say, sorry. It's not something irrational like spiders or clowns, so you wouldn't enjoy hearing about it anyway.

2. If you could say something to me right here, right now, what would you say?

I thought that was what I was doing right now. Um... I guess I would say hi? I don't know, X and I talk all the time, so if there's something I want to say, I can really just say it whenever it occurs to me.

3. What is your favorite food item? (Cooked food, that is)

Does chocolate ice cream count as "cooked"? I don't think so, so I'm going with my standard response: Stir fry. Specifically the way my mom makes it.

4. In a battle between good and evil, which side would you pick?

How is this even a question? I would pick the side of good, obviously.

5. What is the one thing in this world you so badly want?

Um, I don't want to answer that one, either. The thing I want the most is both personal and a secret. Unless you're talking about tangible things, as in objects that you can actually touch -- possessions. In that case, um... This is hard because I keep thinking of little things I could just buy for myself. I can't think of any object I want that I also can't afford... So I guess it would have to be something that's just unavailable to me? Like a personally autographed copy of Harry Potter or one of my other favorite books (with authors still living, obviously). I can't exactly say I want that badly, but it would be pretty cool, I guess. Yeah, I am so bad at this. I'm not materialistic at all.

6. What color do you hate very, very much?

I don't hate any color very, very much. I don't think I can even say I hate any color. The closest I can come is that, when I was young, I would have told you that I hate the color pink. That was just because, although I couldn't have said so this eloquently at the time, I didn't want to be treated like a stereotypical little girl. I hated for anyone to call me cute in that patronizing adult voice that meant they were seeing me as something far more similar to a doll than to a person. I wanted to be respected, taken seriously, and recognized as an equal to any boy. So I rejected certain things that would have made it easy for others to box me into the feminine stereotype, which was what I really hated.

7. What's the most amazing event that has ever happened in your life?

That would be something related to my religion, which, as I mentioned last time, I will not be discussing here.

8. Where do you see yourself ten years from now?

Well, obviously things could change, but, for now, I think the most likely scenario looks very much like the life that I am living right now. I enjoy my current job and currently have no desire to leave it, nor do I see any likely scenario that would cause me to do so. Obviously, in ten years, I will have gained more experience, which will change my job title and the level of my tasks but not alter them greatly on a fundamental level. And maybe I'll have a novel or two published by then, if I'm lucky.

9. Which profession do you have a healthy respect for? (Doctors, firefighters, policemen, criminal masterminds, and so on)

Well, not criminal masterminds. I think I have a healthy respect for any profession that involves doing lots of good for other people, especially if it involves difficulty or self-sacrifice.

10. If you had to choose between love and duty, which side would you pick?

Well, depending on your sense of duty, I think they might actually intertwine. For example, if you both love someone and feel that you have a duty towards them. I think I would say that's the case for me, personally.

11. What's something you've always been curious about?

Well, at some level, I think I'm always trying to understand other people -- how they think, what motivates them, what makes them different from me and why.

12. What kind of person do you like the best?

I like more than one kind of person. Honestly, I'd rather not limit myself to one single favorite type when I think we should be trying to find something that we like in everyone.

13. What do you feel about the number 13, and why do you think there are exactly 13 questions in this challenge?

Well, the number 13 is generally thought to be unlucky. I used to think so, too, although it was really more of a game than anything. I used to think that it was fun to get freaked out about bad luck happening on Friday the 13th, but I don't think I ever actually believed it. I just wanted it to be real to make things exciting. As for this challenge, maybe you're supposed to see getting tagged for it as something unlucky?

No follow-up questions. No tags. Let's hope that bad luck really doesn't exist around the number 13, because this is probably the equivalent of breaking a chain letter. GASP!