Chapter 21: Trajectory

Arturo pressed Arya against the stone walls of a small house deep in the residential quarter.
"Tell me, Arisen.. How does immortality feel?" He stared deep into her eyes, his glare seeming to pierce her soul. She turned away from him,
"I... I don't know."
He moved her hair from in front of her neck and gently dragged two fingers from her ear to her clavicle.
"Ser, I..."
"Shh.."
Arturo reached around her, unbuckling the front and back halves her chest plate. The metal dropped the floor as he pulled at Arya's collar. Unfastening her clothes with his fingers, he leaned into her. She stopped him at the last two buttons, "Just.. What are you trying to see?" Arya asked, the middle of her body exposed. The bandage she used to restrain her breasts did little to cover the enormous scar, where a dragon's claw pierced her chest.
Arturo traced the massive wound with his hand, "Beautiful..." His rough hands traversed Arya's solid body, causing her to tremble, "If there were some way to attain this power for myself..."
Before she could retort, he pressed his lips against her vulnerable neck. Her leg raised in half excitement and half fear. In a single motion, he pulled the skirt from her body and picked her up.

After laying her down on the bed, he stripped his heavy armor. Arya tried her best to cover her body, feeling paralyzed by the heat swelling in her chest. Arturo's tall body was muscular and solid. He clasped her hips easily before leaning into her. She closed her eyes, unable to speak at this strange assault on her emotions.
He pulled her into him, and kissed her scar, causing Arya's back to slightly arch as a shiver traveled down her body.
As he pulled at the bandages around her chest, she suddenly felt extremely uneasy, noticing that she was practically naked and he hasn't even kissed her lips.
"Ser Arturo?"
He stopped, for a moment, then continued pulling at her bandages. She grabbed his hand, "Ser Arturo.. Do you remember me from southern Hearthstone?"
He was silent.
"Do you even know my name?"
He was silent still.
Arya turned away, frustrated at her body for still anticipating his advances, "Never mind, ser. I'll be taking my leave."
He pulled her by her hair, "Not so fast, Arisen. There's aught I haven't observed yet."
She was instantly turned off. "Get off me, you musclebound creep!"
A loud sound coursed through the house as Ike cracked Arturo across the head with a wooden staff.
"Come on, Arya."

They made it back to the inn where the sweet white-haired lady waited. Her eyes were squinted, but she wore beautiful red-violet eyeshadow.
She smiled as Ike came in with Arya, who shamelessly kept the armor given to her by Arturo.
"Well, hello ser Arisen."
Arya waved, "How did you--?"
"I was talking to ser Ike."
Ike smiled and scratched his head, "You don't remember me, Arya?"
She paused for a moment, then bursted into laughter. "Ah yes! You offered gold to the dragon!"
He raised his fist, "What? Thats the only thing you remember me for!? I sold you the Direwolf Pelt!"
Arya wiped a tear from her eye, "Ah, so you're also Arisen? I'd figured you dead."
Ike laughed, "Aye. The dragon chooses whoever faces him. Regardless of the circumstances, it seems." He pointed to the white-haired woman, "Thats my pawn, Han Na."
Han Na stood up, hugging Arya, "A pleasure to meet you, girl."
"Same to you, Hanna."
"Han Na."
The pale-skinned pawn sipped from a cup, and even stopped to chuckle like she remembered a joke from days ago.
"Say, where's your pawn?" Asked Ike, eating a carrot.
Arya looked to the side, her head slightly lower than before, "She... is no more."
Both Ike and his somewhat cold pawn were quiet. Han Na lightly touched Arya's hand, "You'll be fine, dear. Keep fighting and growing stronger."
"I... need a sword first."
Ike raised a finger, "I've got one!" He ran to his room and came back with a shining and brilliant blade.

"It's called, the Cinqedea. I can't do anything with it, so it's yours."
Arya grabbed it quickly, "Tis a beautiful blade, however I can't accept."
Ike raised his eyebrow, which was black despite his white hair. "Why?"
"The last time I accepted random kindness, it came with a... steep price."
Han Na grabbed Ike by his ear, "There will be no steep prices for our kindness, dear. Isn't that right, Ser Arisen?"
Ike winced in pain, "Y-yes of course!"
Arya was confused by the immense amount of character harbored by Han Na. She figured that Ceres may have been a natural airhead. She took note of the notice board in the lobby of the inn. Warriors of all sorts stopped by to sign contracts and the like.
That night, she slept quite comfortably in a separate room that came at Ike's expense. It was especially strange because Han Na tucked her in before she went to sleep and read her a bedtime story. "Ike always fusses when I read to him." She said, "I would hope you're not so encumbered by pride."
"Of course not," Arya replied, in an attempt to be kind, but of course she was eerily uncomfortable.

The next morning, Arya, along with Ike and Han Na ventured into the stony capitol. She stopped at an open-window booth with a wooden sign above it that read "Caxton's Armory," and was met with a short red-bearded man. Next to him was an equally short woman with a stylish green hat and sandy blonde hair.
"Looking to protect yourself, or deal some damage?"
Arya paused, thoroughly confused by that statement, "Wait, what?"
Caxton exhaled sharply, "I uh.. I was trying a new pitch. Sorry."
She looked at the multiple shields he had on display, there were all sorts of them. She then noticed one of the massive shields wielded by Ser Gerard. "I want one of those!" She said, pointing at the largest one.
Caxton folded his arms, "You sure you can wield one of those? Besides, 'tis no ordinary shield--"
Arya pumped her fist, "Of course. Just you wait, good ser!"
Ike laughed, "The next problem is affording it. I'm surely a merchant but even one of those shields will render me common."
Arya cracked a smile, "Then I'll earn some money. To the Alehouse, you lot. We'll take on a job from there."
Ike folded his arms, "Since when did we become a troupe that you somehow lead?"

The alehouse was more like a café that hosted toughs and bravados rather than ladies and gentlemen. The kitchen was indoors unlike the seats and tables. Ike welcomed himself to a seat, Arya hurried to the notice board, covered in contracts. She stood in front of it with both fists pressed against her hips.
"What are you hiding behind that gallant attitude?" Asked Han Na, placing her small fingers on Arya's shoulders.
Arya turned around quickly, "What are you talking about? There's naught to hide behind my courage!"
"Bonjour, madame mercenaire." Said a woman's voice from the warehouse.
Arya's eyes widened, and she quickly dropped to one knee. Han Na looked at the female soldier that had appeared before her. Her armor was elegant and beautiful, accompanied by a heavy white cape. Even her silver weapons were masterfully crafted. Like Arya, her eyes were crystal blue and her skin was brown like mahogany. She leaned on one leg, resting her arm on the handle of her rapier.
"Looking for work, are you?"