Chapter 21

I woke up the next morning still on the couch next to Jade. She was awake and on her phone. “Good Morning Jadey Lady” That was always my nickname for her since we were little. Jade had a darker skin tone than me, like a nice caramel tone. Her eyes were a deep hazel and looked almost gray in the winter. Her long, dark hair fell in waves down her back. She was tall and gorgeous. She was always there for me when I needed someone to talk to or if I was just bored.

“Morning Rae, how you feeling?” She put down her phone and started brushing through her hair with her fingers. “Better, definitely better! Wanna go get some breaky?” Next thing I know she jumped up and ran upstairs to my closet. We always share clothes so this way we don’t have to bring clothes to each other’s houses. She put on jean shorts and a crop top with the words Forever Young on it. She grabbed her combat boots that she came in and went into my bathroom. While she was dressing I was doing my makeup. I put on my normal top eyeliner and face makeup. I hardly ever wear bottom eyeliner since it always runs down my face or makes my eyes look too dark. I put on jean shorts from Pacsun and an old sweatshirt from one of my old color wars at school.

We went downstairs and got into Jade’s car. She drove us to Chat Nior. It’s a cute little brunch place that has tea and finger sandwiches and other foods. I got a plain English breakfast tea with the delicious French toast. Jade got a green tea with a yogurt and granola.

            To be totally honest, even ordering my tea made me think of Harry. Why would he lead me on like that? Jade noticed my reaction and looked at me. “Don’t let that guy get to you, he doesn’t even deserve you if he would ever treat you like that!”

“I guess you’re right, wanna go to the beach after this?” I wanted to forget all about him, well not totally because I can’t resist that British accent. We finished our breakfast and then went to Jade’s house since we took her car.

            We went inside and got ready. I had on a black strapless bikini with jean shorts and a green V-neck shirt on from some random college that I would never get into. I grabbed my black, reflective Raybans and threw my hair up in high pony. Even in a high ponytail my hair was still long. Jade was wearing a green bikini with yoga shorts and a tanktop. We went back into her car and went to the beach.

            We got there and I ran down into the sand. It was perfect weather not too hot and not too cold. It was so nice. We laid out our towels and layed down trying to get a great tan. Luckily my bathing suit is strapless so I wouldn’t have too many tan lines.

            I close my eyes and lose track of time, that is until I feel sand across my face.

I sit up quickly to see who this rude person is, turns out to be Josh. “JOSH!” I ran right into his arms and he picked me up and spun me around. I hadn’t realized how much I missed him. “Haha, how have you been Rach?” I loved it when he called me that. “Good, I guess.” I looked down at my feet because I hadn’t been good at all. “Yeah except for when that ass broke your heart!” Jade screamed out from behind me. All of a sudden Josh’s whole demeanor changed. He looked up at me and stared straight into my eyes, “He did what?”

IM BACK, sorry i know its short. it felt so much longer while i was writing it. 

Comment ideas for how you want it to go 

~Phoebe