Chapter 5

JOSH’S POV

I woke up and realized that my little nap turned into sleeping the whole night. I rolled over and unlocked my iphone. It was only 9:35, wow i think this is the first time I’ve woken up this early without an alarm. I checked my messages and had a couple from the guys.

Louis

Hey man, how’s New York?? Are you friends with that girl??

Niall

Yo, hows ny?

Liam

When do you come back? Have fun dude?

I quickly answered Liam. I leave in two days and Rachel leaves today. I responded to Niall with just good and told him that we could talk later. Then I reread Louis’ message. I started typing and just told him that New York was great and ignored the last part of his message. Yes, Rachel and I were definitely friends, but I don’t want any of them thinking that she was more than a best friend.  

Louis

And about that lady friend of yours… ;)

Oh, he noticed how I ignored his question. And he is reacting the same way that I had expected. Louis and the guys probably think that Rachel and I are more than friends but we aren’t. We hug all the time, watched a few films together and went out to dinner, but no romance was there. I was nice finally having a best friend who was a girl. They were just gentler than guys and sometimes it was nice to have a different point of view on situations. I finally just answered.

To: Louis

Rachel is great, we are actually really close in a brother, sister kind of way

I looked up from my phone to see my Mom poking her head in.

“Get dressed honey we are going out for breakfast since its Rachel’s last day.” She then closed the door behind her and walked out.

I got up and jumped into the shower. I rinsed out my hair and put on my Armani cologne and after shave. I styled my hair into its usual shape and got dressed.

I decided on jeans, a blue polo and my sneakers. I looked in the mirror and walked out. I didn’t really care much about what I looked about but definitely wanted to look presentable. I

I got down stairs to see that I was the last one down. We all went outside and got into our cars. It was all the adults in Jon’s car and then I drove Rachel and I in one of his spare cars.

I looked over at Rachel and she looked very nice. I love how it wasn’t awkward between us and we would just tell each other anything.

RACHEL’S POV

I woke up to my mom knocking on my door. I rolled over and groaned since I was nowhere near done sleeping. I would sleep all day if I could.

“Rachel, get up and get dressed we are going out to breakfast since it is our last day.” My mom walked out and smiled at me.

I quickly got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I started the shower and got in. I washed my hair and body and then got out. I normally take long showers and sing but since there were so many people around, I didn’t want to use all the hot water or let them hear me sing. That would be so embarrassing.

After I got out, I quickly brushed through my hair and decided to let it dry naturally. I put on my makeup. I don’t really wear much, just a little bit of foundation, top eyeliner and mascara. Not much, but enough for me

I ran over to my suitcase and pulled out a sundress and quickly slipped it on. I slid on my sandals, grabbed my satchel and went downstairs.

When I got downstairs I realized I was the last one ready.

“Sorry for taking so long” I said very timidly.

“Its fine, Josh just got down here a minute ago. Lets get in the car.”

We all filed out. It was the adults in Jon’s big car and then Josh drove me and himself in Jon’s spare car.

I was just relived to finally have a friend who was a guy that I could talk to and not have to worry about him liking me or having to impress him. I could truly be myself around him. I looked up and realized that Josh had been looking at me.

“What are you looking at? Do I have something in my teeth?” I quickly started checking my teeth in the mirror

“No, no its just that I’m really happy that we can be friends and be ourselves around each other. Like a brother and sister type thing.” Josh looked in my eyes and I could tell he was worried that maybe I didn’t feel the same way.

I lightly punched his arm and smiled

“I know right, bro”

We pulled up to the restaurant and went inside. Our parents were already seated so we took the remaining seats next to each other. I picked up the menu and couldn’t decide what I wanted.

I finally decided on having plain pancakes. We ordered and ate. There was small talk here and there but nothing much. It was a pleasant meal.

After everyone was done we went back to Jon’s house since I still had to pack. My flight was at 3 and it was now 11:30. We were leaving for the airport around 1:15 so we would get there around 2. I didn’t have much to pack, just my toiletries and that’s it.

I went upstairs and starting packing. I changed so I could pack my current outfit. I left out a black tank top, shorts and a pair of sweatpants. I never looked nice at the airport, ever.

While I was attempting to zip my suitcase, Josh walked in.

“Hey Rachel” He seemed off, not like his normal self

“Hey, is everything alright? You seem upset.”

“Nah, I’m fine. I just wanted to talk to you.”

We both walked over to the bed and sat down. I had no clue what this was about and I was starting to get really nervous.

“What is this about Josh, you are making me really nervous.” I told him, looking straight into his eyes.

“No don’t be nervous. It’s just that, when you leave…I don’t want to lose you. I know we have only been friends for only like 4 days but it feels like it has been a lifetime. I want to stay in touch. Maybe you can meet the guys and we can all be friends and hang.” Josh said looking down at his hands.

I lifted his chin so he would look me in the eyes. I could tell he was nervous

“Of course Josh! I definitely want to remain best friends. I can really trust you and be myself around you, I’ve never had that relationship with anyone.” I said. I truly meant it too. I went straight into Josh’s arms as he closed them around me. It was a great hug. We parted when we heard my parents calling me to come downstairs because we had to leave soon.

“Coming!” I shouted and quickly grabbed my stuff and ran downstairs. Josh ran up behind me and took my suitcase for me like a gentleman. I can’t wait to meet his friends! They seem really nice from what he’s said about them.

I hugged Jon, and josh’s parents goodbye and then I walked up to Josh. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and hugged him tightly. I promised to text him when I land.

I went through security and boarded the plane.

 I quickly fell asleep on the plane which is strange for me since I usually never sleep on planes.

 I woke up to my mom slightly shaking me saying that we had landed. I got up and claimed my luggage and went home and collapsed in my bed.

pleasee comment and tell other people about my story!! I promise Rachel is actually going to meet One Direction in like 2 chapters. Comment/fan 

-Phoebe