Chapter 17

RACHEL’S POV

I got home and locked the door behind me. I kept replaying the night in my head. Everything was great, Harry was a gentleman, the food was delicious. The only thing was that last hug. I mean, it was great don’t get me wrong, its just that I wish he kissed me. I really wanted Harry to be more than a friend, I was falling for him.

I walked upstairs and got changed out of my dress into sweats and a tank top. I washed my face and took off all my makeup.

I sat down and opened my computer. I quickly browsed through twitter, I had gained so many followers just because the boys followed me. They haven’t said anything about me in any interviews or anything, why would they. I’m just their friend. Nothing more. Sadly

I checked my phone to see a new message from Josh

From: Josh

Hey, how’d tonight go?

I missed him, we haven’t hung out just the two of us in forever. I miss those times like at Jon’s house.

To: Josh

Good, are you busy??

He quickly responded

From: Josh

Nope, why??

Yes, we could finally hang out.

To: Josh

Come over xx

From: Josh

On my way

I continued looking through twitter, facebook and tumblr. I wonder if the guys knew what girls said about them on tumblr. The amount of 12 year old girls that write about raising their kids together, kind of creepy. I heard a knock at the door and ran downstairs.

“Josh!” I jumped into his arms and wrapped my legs around his waist.

“Hey Rae” He said trying to contain his laughter. “You know I saw you yesterday…and this morning.”

“I know but we haven’t hung out just the two of us in a while, I miss it.” I lowered my legs and walked back inside and closed the door.

“Same Rachel, now tell me about tonight. Did Harry do anything wrong? Was he a gentleman? Did he hurt you?”

I was really confused by all his questions. I feel like normally guys would talk about the makeouts rather than the romance.

“No,Yes and No.” I said laughing

“Why are you laughing, if he does anything to hurt you I’ll kill him.” I looked right into his eyes.

“Thank you Josh, but I am a big girl you know? I can defend myself.” I thought it was really cute that Josh was being protective over me. But, no, we are not romantically involved. At. All. There is nothing going on.

“I just wanna be sure. So tell me, did he kiss you?” We sat down on the couch and I brought my knees up to my chest.

“No…I wish he did.” I said blushing. I hid my face in my knees and hoped Josh didn’t notice.

“He didn’t even kiss you? Didn’t he kiss you this morning?”

“He did. I guess he got nervous, or maybe he realized he could do better.” I mumbled the last part, so Josh probably couldn’t hear it.

“What do you mean?” Damn, he heard.

“Well being in One Direction, let alone Harry Styles, I’m surprised any of you even talk to me. You could be talking to super models or celebrities.”

“Rachel, you’re amazing. Don’t forget that, we are lucky that you talk to us and I’m sure all of the lads would agree with me.”

“Thanks Josh” I leaned in and hugged him. He was the best.

“Wanna watch a film?” Josh said.

“Sure, comedy or romance?”

“Comedy, I don’t feel like crying tonight.” Josh said, I agreed. I would be a mess with a romantic movie right now.

I got up and put in Step Brothers. I love Will Farrel. He was just so funny.

The whole night we were laughing till there were tears running down our faces. When the movie finished, it was late so Josh went back to his flat.

I ran up to bed and fell asleep listening to Ed Sheeran.

hey guys, school starts in a couple of days and i have dance everyday after school. I'll try to update a lot though. Love you guys

1000 reads!! Thanks guys

~Phoebe