Chapter 9

HARRY’S POV

I saw Josh walk in to the restaurant with who I assumed to be Rachel. She came over and introduced herself. She was gorgeous. Her long, wavy hair cascaded down to the arch of her back. Her face was flawless and her body was fit. 

We all started talking about random topics. Liam asked Rachel to tell us about herself. 

She told us her name was Rachel, she was 17, her favorite color was orange, and that she is normally very funny except for when she was nervous. 

This is good. The age difference is only 1 year. We have the same favorite color and she has a sense of humor. 

But why was she nervous. This was my chance to talk to her, but Niall beat me too it.

“Well, why are you nervous?” Damn you Niall, what if I never get to talk to her.

“Oh I don’t know, I’m just meeting 5 really hot guys who just happen to be in one of the world’s biggest boy bands…I have no clue why I’m nervous.” She chuckled to herself. But she said 5 really hot guys, so I must me one of them. So she thinks I’m fit, that’s good.

Louis started making jokes with her and they hugged, nothing special just a hug.

 Niall started telling some story but I couldn’t pay attention. Not with this beautiful girl sitting directly across from me. I kept staring at her, not to be creepy, but I just wanted to take in her every move. 

 Rachel moved her gaze and realized that I had been staring. She blushed immediately and went back to paying attention to Niall’s story. 

If she blushed does that mean she’s interested in me? 

Then Rachel looked down at her lap, I assumed she got a text. She smiled down at her phone, I wonder what it’s about. She turned to Josh and mouthed thank you. What was that about?

Then she looked at me again, and caught me staring. This isn’t good. Maybe she’ll know I like her. I don’t know what to do.

Normally, I have no trouble with girls, but she was just, different. I liked it. 

Once again, Rachel caught me staring. She probably thought I was a creep. But this time instead of looking away, she looked directly into my eyes.

We both just stared at each other. I knew I had to get to know her. 

I couldn’t do anything till I was positive that Josh and she didn’t have anything.

To: Josh

Hey man, do you and Rachel have anything going on or is she single?

I hope that she was single, I wanted her so badly. My phone vibrated

From: Josh

Nah man, we are just friends. Go for it. She seems into you

She seems into me? What was that supposed to mean?

We ordered our dinner and ate it quietly, just a little small talk here and there.

She looked so damn cute eating. 

About 20 minutes later Josh said he had to get going. Rachel was zoned out. 

“Rachel!” Josh said poking her, she snapped out of her thoughts

“Yeah, I’m sorry?”

“I gotta get home, so we are going.”

I didn’t want her to leave. How could I get to know her? I didn’t even have her number yet.

“I can drive her home.” I can’t believe I just said that. I mean I wanted to, but it was supposed to stay in my head.

“Ok, thanks man” Josh got up and walked out. Rachel looked at me and smiled. She had a beautiful smile. 

We talked for about another 15 minutes, split the check and then everyone started leaving.

I led Rachel over to my car and we both got in. 

She looked over to me “Thank you for driving me home, you really didn’t have to offer.” She looked down at her hands. 

“It’s no problem, I wanted to get to know you better anyway.” I hope this goes well.

“Eh, I’m not that interesting.” Rachel looked back down at her hands. What did she mean, she was beautiful and seemed to have a great personality. She seemed like so much fun, she must have some interesting stories or things about her.

I was stopped at a red light and turned to face her, “And why would you say that?” I realized that my tone made this situation much too serious.

“I don’t know, your life seems so much better.” 

“Not really.” 

I pulled up to her house and she took off her seatbelt. This was it, the kiss goodnight. 

I unbuckled my seat belt and leaned in, she closed her eyes and I could tell she wanted to kiss me. I panicked and opened my arms and hugged her instead.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT HARRY, I blew it. She would never want me now, I couldn’t even kiss her!

I could tell that she seemed upset when we pulled out of our hug. She got out of the car but I screamed after her.

“Rachel!” 

She turned around. “I never got your number, you know so we can meet up some time.” I was so nervous, but why. I normally could get with any girl I wanted, what was so different about her. Luckily it was dark so she couldn’t see me. My face probably looked so gross and tense right now from nerves.

“Oh right, put your number in.” She handed me her iPhone. I saved my name as Harry. We swapped phones back and said goodnight.

Once she walked inside I checked my phone. 

She saved her name as Rachel<3. 

I still can’t believe I didn’t kiss her. I always kiss girls, like it was no big deal. I sped back to the flat that Louis and I shared.

I walked upstairs and went straight into my room, ignoring what Louis was saying.

I flopped down on my bed, so pissed off.

I heard Louis walk in.

“Man, what’s wrong?”

“I screwed up Lou, I went to kiss her but didn’t.” I still can’t believe I did that

“What did you do instead?” He looked really confused

“Hug.” Nothing was worse than only hugging a girl.

“Oh man its fine! I was texting Rachel before and she said she felt everything went fine.” 

“Oh ok, I think I’m going to go to sleep. Night Lou”

“Night Hazza.”

Hey guys, thanks for the reads. I'm up to 50! Comment/vote/fan 

-Phoebe