Dying Sunflower

~Hinata POV~
"Hinata you have a call in the office." The teacher called. I nodded and walked out the door.

I picked up the phone carefully. "Hello?"

"..."

"...Hai...I understand."

"..."

"I'll see you in a couple of hours grandpa."

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

I opened Shigure's home door. Tohru was already climbing up the stairs. Apparently she already told them. I could tell Yuki and Kyo were devastated. I'm pretty sure they have a crush on her. Shigure was already teasing them.

I slipped off my shoes and put my bag down.

I walked up the stairs and met Tohru who was staring at a picture of Okaa-san.

"Who am I kidding? There isn't any room for a rice ball in a fruit basket." She sighed.

I shook my head at my adoptive sisters words. The rice ball is the one who brings everyone together.

Besides, I'm the dying sunflower. Slowly wilting as I watch others grow. It's quite sad.

I quickly packed my few things into a bag and walked out the door and downstairs.

"Er Hinata-chan aren't you leaving tomorrow?" Shigure pondered.

I shook my head. "Aunt wants me to come help out today."

"One of our beautiful flowers is leaving. Oh the paaaaaain!" He wailed. I shuffled on my feet. This was getting awkward.

"Shigure shut up." Yuki smacked his head.

"I'm...just...gonna go." I murmured walking out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The dishes go here, the pots and pans there, and the cleaning utilities under that cabinet. Unpack those boxes and then you can go to bed." For some reason Aunt never liked me. Whenever I see her she sneers, glares, or just talks to me coldly.

I bit my lip and nodded. This kind of reminds me of that story Okaa-san used to tell Tohru and I. Cin....Cinderella was it? Unknowingly I let a tiny giggle escape me. Tohru would always start crying and yelling about how unfair it was.

After finishing the boxes and eating I went upstairs to my shared room with Tohru and my adoptive cousin. I had to share the bed with Tohru though.

I snuggled into the covers and couldn't help but feel cold. No Tohru or Kyoko to warm me up.

At that moment I really felt like a dying sunflower.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When Tohru walked to our home I immediately walked to her side and smiled up at her.

She looked down with a warm smile. "I missed you Hinata. The bed was really cold without you."

"Gomen." I said.

"Well we better go help." Tohru said walking inside. "I'll go put my things away." She walked to our room.

I walked to the kitchen where Aunt was cooking. A few minutes later Tohru came in.

"Oh Tohru can you get the cooking pan?" Ain't asked as she stirred our dinner. Tohru looked around confused before opening a clear door.

Aunt sighed. "Hinata get the pan."

I hurried to a cabinet and pulled out a pan. "Next time help your step-sister." She said coldly.

"Hai..." I bowed my head in acknowledgement.