Memories

"I had no choice but to sleep in your room Kyo. Shigure wouldn't let me sleep~." I heard Ayame, Yuki's perverted brother, say as I walked out the door.

I was visiting mom earlier than Tohru because Yuki had pulled me aside and told me Momiji might need someone there with him today.

I don't know the details but Yuki is very bad at joking so I don't think it's a prank or joke.

I frowned and tugged the hood of my jacket on as it started to rain.

Tohru is going to have a spazz attack. I chuckled at the thought of her trying to be harsh.

When I arrived at the grave, I gave it a quick clean up which wasn't hard with the drizzle and left some flowers.

As I finished I began to walk to the park where Momiji and I were meeting up.

As soon as I spotted the park, I also spotted the blonde immediately. Granted, there weren't many people at the park. I was about to call out to him when the look on his face froze me in my place.

He was staring at a retreating family, a mother, father, and little boy. They were smiling and swinging the little boy back and forth.

Momiji's face was one of intense longing and heartbreaking sadness.

I hesitated before calling out to him. He immediately put a forced smile on and waved.

I sat down next to him and gave him a look that said, I'm not buying it buddy.

"It's a nice day huh?" He said in fake cheerfulness.

"Momiji...it's raining..." As much as I loved the rain, Momiji like sunny days not, in his words, droopy depressing days.

"Hm? Oh-uh I knew that. I-I meant because there will be a rainbow later. Yeah, that's it!" He said, obviously proud at his horrible excuse.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "there aren't any rainbows unless the sun is out while it's raining."

"...you know I don't pay attention in science," he chuckled nervously, "those poor animals. They just cut them open because they're curious!"

"Momiji I'm not buying this." I told him sternly.

"Whatever do you mean Hina-"

"Yuki told me you were upset." I interrupted bluntly.

All at once his shoulders slumped and his false smile broke.

"Momiji," I said in a softer tone, "I'm not going to force you to tell me. I'm only going to remind you that I'm here for you. If you don't want to confine in me, I understand."

He gazed at me for a moment with his sad eyes that were so different from his cheerful brown orbs.

"When I was little-" he hesitated and I have him an encouraging nod, "my mom wasn't exactly happy I was a zodiac. I'd imagine no mother would like to hug a newborn who transformed into a bunny." He chuckled humorlessly.

"The mothers of zodiac's are either fiercely protective of the child or they reject them completely. I was in the latter situation. Mama just couldn't bear to have a child she couldn't even hold. She began to resent me and it was slowly driving her mad. Papa said the only way to save her was to take her memories. She's doing fine now, and I have an adorable sister!" He beamed proudly at the mention of his little sister.

"And you're okay with that? Your moms memory erased? Haven't you ever wanted too, you know, erase that bad memory?" I asked.

"I'm still willing to live with the burden of a memory. Even though this is a painful memory, even though this memory makes my heart ache. Sometimes I want to ask God to let me forget this memory. But as long as I try to be strong and not run away, doing my best, there will be someday I can overcome this painful memory. I believe I can. I believe I can do it. There is no memory that can be forgotten, there is not that kind of memory. I will remember always in my heart." He looked at me and grinned.

"You're truly one of a kind Momiji Sohma." I smiled and gave him a one-arm hug.

"I could say the same about you Hinata Honda."

"By the way we're going to a lake!!!" Momiji grinned.

"Jeez. We?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Ummm Kyo, Yuki, Tohru, Hatori, Shigure, Ayame, you, and me!"

Normally, I would've refused, today though, I felt as if I met a new side of Momiji.

"That's sounds cool."

I can't help but wonder how many things he hides.

"Really?!? We're going to go catch bugs!" He cheered.

I have the strong urge to meet every single part of him.

"We should go back. It's starting to rain pretty hard." I frowned and the gloomy sky.

To show him that I'm not ready to ever deny him whatever he needs.

"Yeah, we probably should." He shrugged and and stood up.

I felt like I needed to show him I wouldn't leave him behind.

"Are you coming?" He asked teasingly, so different from his earlier mood.

I wanted to meet every part of him and accept him for who he is.

"Yeah. Let's go." I smiled back.

I knew it would take time.

"You better not get sick Heart Girl." He said in a stern voice.

I knew it would take even years.

"As if Bunny Boy."

But,

I would wait as long as it would take.

____________________________

Ok, do you think I'm rushing the relationship? Because I can slow it down! I feel like I should slow it down... What do you think?

Also, I was just doing random stuff when the question came to mind? What would Momiji and Hinata's ship name be? 😂😂😂 comment the name if you have any ideas!

Sky out!