The Beginning of the End

You brighten up my nights,
Just like the stars.
You're my rainbow after the rain.
The blood in my veins.
The medicine that takes away the pain.
-Brown Boy

I held back my laughter, seeing Momiji trying to gain my attention but falling into the pond instead.

Hatori looked unimpressed at him before snorting and going somewhere, muttering about getting a towel.

It was a month in on my internship with Hatori and I can safely say I loved my job.

Since Akito was taking all of his attention, most of his appointments he had slowly left to me, albeit he made sure I knew what I was doing before leaving me the jobs.

I couldn't see Momiji as much and when I told him so, he looked at me horrified before saying that he would "just visit at work!"

When Hatori told him to stay away after 23rd time he came in for 3 days, he began to tap at windows, stand outside the door, and wave frantically.

Honestly, it cracked me up.

Hatori's face when he got hit by a pebble when he opened a window to stop Momiji would forever be etched in my mind.

Momiji climbed out of the pond sheepishly.

I pulled on my outdoor shoes before walking out, before bursting out laughing.

"W-What?" He stuttered, still embarrassed.

"Y-You...you h-have...a k-koi on your head." I laughed and pulled the koi down and releasing it into the water.

The blonde looked ready to die.

"So what did you want?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Oh yeah! That movie just came out!" He said excitedly.

"No." I gaped.

"I know!!"

"But that wasn't due for another year!"

"I know!!"

"We have to go."

"I know!!"

We high fived and began to talk, not noticing Hatori had thrown a towel at Momiji's face from the window.

"I got us tickets tomorrow for a 3:00 show!"

I stopped and frowned.

"Are you sure you want to go with me? I'd understand if you wanted to go with Tohru." I prodded.

"I'm going to watch the awesome at movie with my awesome friend and we are going to have the awesome time!" He announced.

I laughed and agreed.

"I only have to work until 2 tomorrow."

"I'll meet you at theater at 2:45?"

"Yeah. Did Megumi want to come?" I questioned.

"Yep. He is going to meet us there at 3:10 because he hates the previews."

"What?"

"I know! The previews are the best parts!" Momiji agreed.

"Who doesn't want to see a commercial for a God of Snakes battling against the God of Sharks in Hollywood America." I teased.

Momiji sent me a dirty look. "Snarks is going to be the greatest movie of all time." He sniffed indignantly.

"Oh yes because sharks and snakes fighting as the gods go against their love will be the greatest movie of all time." I laughed.

"Exactly!" He bounced excitedly.