Chapter 26: Shall I Stay Would It Be A Sin

Song for this chapter: Can't Help Falling In Love - Twenty One Pilots (Originally sung by Elvis Presley)

Carson is played by Des_Gaskarth

Vamp's POV

I turned off the engine of my car, but didn't move. I'm not sure any more. About anything. He lied to me. We may be over. He loved me and saved me and we may be over.

I opened the car door and stepped out slowly. I'm doing it. I weaved between the cold, grey headstones until I came to it. It wasn't much, but it was perfect.

The head stone read 'Beloved child and grandchild. They never got the chance to live, but they will live up there.' It's not much because we had no idea who they were or their name or anything, but we had to say something.

I plopped myself down on the grass next to where my baby's ashes lay six feet under. I crossed my legs and my hands sat, awkwardly entwined, on my ankles.

"Hey baby. I know I haven't had the chance to come say hi yet, but I'm your mummy. I never thought I'd have to do this, I thought I'd et married, have children and that would be it, but life is complicated right? I mean I never thought I'd be introducing myself to my child like this." I sniffed and wiped away a tear. "I know we never met but I really love you and I wish you were here so much some times." The wind blew softly and I smiled - I want to believe that's them, I want to believe they're here. "You're the only ghost that's allowed to haunt me so if you've made any friends up there tell them to go haunt your daddy," I laughed. "Well both of them. Remember the man that was holding mummy's hand at your funeral? Yeah go haunt him. He was really good to me, but that never lasts long does it. I think our family has a history of bad relationships, in some ways I'm glad you'll never go through it. I mean Uncle Chris had almost given up on them and I think I'm heading down the same route." I chuckled. "Anyway I just wanted to know how you were up there and know you're always welcome to visit me, I could use the company really. I love you baby." I kissed two of my fingers and placed them on his headstone then let out a shaky sigh before standing up, brushing myself off and making my way back to the car.

"E-excuse me?" I heard a British accent say from behind me.

I turned around to see a very pretty, pale girl, slightly shorter than me smiling shyly at me. She has dirty blonde hair that reached her hips, one brown eye and one green eye, a nose piercing on her right nostril and she was wearing a Mayday Parade shirt with a grey and black flannel shirt over it, black skinny jeans and black gladiator sandals along with a pretty flower crown resting on top of her head.

"Can I help you?" I asked politely.

"My names Carson, Carson Arielle Johnson. You're Vamp Cerulli right?"

"Yes," I said, growing skeptical of her.

"I know you don't remember me, but we were best friends."

"Excuse me?"

"We were best friends before you got into an accident and I wasn't allowed to see you afterwards. I'm guessing I wasn't mentioned?"

"Not a word."

"Well um we were friends since we were thirteen when I moved from England, you were sometimes my only friend actually, I had a crush on Chris for so long and you'd always tease me about it and I'd do the same back with your crush on Ricky, you came to my older brothers funeral when he passed away and then every second Thursday afterwards to visit his grave which is why I'm here now actually and I was there for you when your boyfriend cheated, but I'm guessing they left that part out. I came round to see you and hug you and then Ricky came up and I left you guys to it and then you went out and got into the accident."