Chapter 26

Manila, Philippines

My relationship with Harry was  like a beautiful dream. But dreams, dont last for long. Now I need to wake up from that fairytale dream. It's time to face reality. And this is my kind of reality.

It has been months since I got home... I occasionally chat with Lou, Niall, Eleonor, Sophia and Alex... Damian got back with his ex and is happier than ever. Im so glad that after I cleared and settled the matter between us, we still remained friends.

When I left London, I left the things Harry gave me. The phone, the roses, some things we bought in Tokyo Disneyland and the receipts and tickets that I kept when we ate at the froyo shop, ice cream shop, when we watched a film together and all the other memorabilias I kept when we were together. I left them all...

...except for the paperplane necklace.

I couldnt do it. It's the one thing I couldnt leave behind. It's the one thing I want to hold on to inspite of everything. Atleast, whenever I see this necklace... I remember all the good times Harry and I had together. I remember that he once was mine.

My family didnt know the real reason why me and Harry broke up. I just told them that I wanted to go home already because I miss them and we parted ways in good faith. I know that if I told them the truth, they will definitely have a bad opinion on Harry. I dont know why... but I dont want them to think that Harry is such a terrible person because I know that he isnt.

Anyways, local media here in the Philippines have been calling me for a TV interview. The Buzz, Aquino and Abunda Tonight and other channels... programs that I have only been watching before are pressing to get an interview with me just because I am Harry's ex girlfriend.

My past job with Harper Philippines even offered me a higher position but is asking for an inside scoop about Harry, how he's like as a boyfriend, a son, a friend... who is he behind the scenes... what was the real reason of the break up... so clearly, theyre offering me a job not because of my skills but because of Harry again. It's surprising but at the end of the day, I didnt entertain any of it... because I dont want to make it a big deal. I just want the idea to die down eventually. And maybe because my relationship with Harry wasnt public to me. It's something I wanted to keep for myself... just like this paperplane necklace.

Because of that, I decided to exert all my efforts in business, now that I have a background in styling and fashion, It was a great help on our family's boutique business. My mom was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief because she had told me many times that she wants someone who can help manage our little business so she can rest and be a hands on housewife.

Four months...

and still no communication with Harry, I miss him so much. There was even a time when I wanted to message him again on Shake... But now Im starting to accept the fact that he has moved on. Whenever I see One Direction on television, It seems like he has already forgotten about me. And so, I should do the same. Thankfully, I have something that keeps me busy. If I didnt, I think I would really go crazy from depression.

It was about 9pm when I got home from my work at our shop... I was tired plus the fact that I did some groceries so I was drained...

I took my dinner and went straight to my room. Then my friend Lisa messaged me and said,

Lisa:

Check out your pm on fb. I sent a link there. Go. Now!

Me:

Why?? Im exhausted.

Lisa:

Just go check it now. Quiiick!