Chapter 11

‘I didn’t know where to start… I didn’t know what to do… where to find you; I don’tcare… I just fucking hate that I fucking miss your presence in my fucking life’…

That is the drunk Harry last night.

Of course I am surprised and even happy that he have thought of me. He wanted to see me last night. He wanted me to be by his side. He wanted me for me; and he’s drunk.

That’s the thing.

They say that a person is at their most honest state when they’re drunk, but whatever, I’ve decided to keep what he did last night to myself. I don’t want to be the girl who’s like HEY HARRY, LAST NIGHT YOU TOLD ME YOU MISSED ME… He might just be like, I WAS DRUNK, THAT WAS NOTHING. I mean, I don’t want to take risks when it come to him anymore. Because the more you love a person, the higher the chances you’ll get hurt. And I don’t want to feel that ever again as much as possible so I decided to just brush off whatever happened last night.

After Harry passed out, Niall and Louis brought Harry home and Liv dropped me off to The Nest. I was surprised that Damian was still at the café, waiting. Alex was already asleep when I got back for it’s about 2am in the morning already. I told Damian to go home because it’s late and we still got work to do tomorrow.

I felt guilty that Damian waited for me when he’s supposed to go home although I never asked him to, still, I felt really sorry considering that it’s just my first day at the café, first time meeting them and I made them worry already.

He asked what was up and I told him it’s nothing to be really worried about. I liked that he respected that and didn’t persisted asking. I think Liv was about to spill it to Damian but when Liv heard me saying it was nothing, Liv already understood that I wanted to keep whatever happened concealed. I didn’t want them to know about Harry because it ended anyway.

                             **************************************************

‘Good morning sugar! Slept well?’ Alex greeted.

Ugh. I just woke up! This is embarrassing, it’s 10 am already! And Alex is up and has prepared breakfast for us already. Errr. This should not happen again. Good thing I’m all fixed for my day at the café.

‘Hi… I’m really sorry I just woke up’.

‘Nothing to worry about! Let’s eat?’.

‘Sure’. She prepared scrambled eggs, waffles and orange juice.

‘You want tea?’

‘Oh, no… I don’t really like tea’.

‘Whaaat? No way?! Really? Well. I’m sorry not used to someone not drinking tea… you know… we’re big tea drinkers here… so, orange juice is good, yeah?’

‘Yep. Thanks’.

‘Anyways, what happened last night? What was that all about? Liv and NIALL HORAN just grabbed you all of a sudden and then poof… you’re gone! Liv haven’t even called me up yet about it’.

‘Oh, that… uhhh… it was nothing… really, uhm… they were just messing around, we just… went around the city for a bit. You know… they just toured me around and yeah, you know… around’. And then I tossed some scrambled eggs and a slice of waffle in my mouth.

‘I thought something was really up! I didn’t know Liv can be a prankster too! Maybe because he’s spending too much time with One Direction’.

‘Yeah’. And then we laughed.

Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the door again just like yesterday and we both knew who was that already. So Alex and I went to the café to open up the door for him.

‘COULD YOU PLEASE… TRY NOT TO BREAK MY DOOR FOR ONCE. DAMIAN’

‘You wish, sucker’.

‘You’re early. That’s new!’ Alex told him, with disbelief.

‘We’re not even opened yet’. Alex continued.

Damian looked at me but then immediately looked away and told Alex;

‘Couldn’t you just thank me for being early?! Come on let’s open this little bad boy up!’

‘Whoa, whoa… Someone is enjoying their work now huh? Should I thank… Hmmm… Nikki?’

I kind of blushed with what Alex said including the fact that Damian looked at me with his bright blue eyes and just smiled at me. He didn’t object.

‘I smell something fishy here. For real! You work those side burns Damian, yeah, work it!’

‘Shut up Alex’

And then me and Alex just chuckled and went on to open the Nest.

                        *******************************************************

1pm is when me and Damian got to rest, the moment we opened the café, people rushing off to work came grabbing their coffees and pastries to go and some even dining in for breakfast. I’m glad I got through that.

‘You good?’ asked Damian.

‘I’m great, I like to keep myself busy’.

‘Well, we won’t be that busy now, the rush hours over. We can take our lunch now’.

‘Yeah, okay… I’ll just fix this – AHHWW!’

Why do I have to be this clumsy! I accidentally spilled hot coffee all over my left hand; Damian immediately grabbed my left hand and checked if it was okay.

‘I’m sorry, aah!... I’m really clumsy’…

It’s okay… I think I should get used to this’. He chuckled.

He grabbed a towl and placed ice in it; held my left hand again and lightly tapped the cold towel against my left hand.

‘AHHWW… UHMM, I think I got this’… I told him while I tried to pull my hand from him but he tightened his grasp and pulled me closer to him and smiled. I was a bit startled with his move and he told me

‘Let me, please?’. Then he held my hand closer to his lips so he could gently blow the affected area. I can’t help but blush a bit because in all honesty, he have been nothing but good to me and I completely appreciate his kind and gentle treatment with me.

‘WELCOME TO THE NEST!… Alex shouted while she tapped the counter making me and Damian look at the customer.

A tattooed boy just came in; and wait, WHAT?!

…MR… STYLES!?’ she continued; surprised.