17

"Would you like to come to the beach?" He had asked.

He, being Cameron.

His voice had sounded distant, as I was busy thinking. I thought to myself, after leaving Cameron, I felt the 7 stages of grief, what my mother had always told me.

1.Shock
I was shocked at what I had done; not believing I would ever let him go. And I still don't.

2.Denial
I would deny it in my heart, that we were even over. Sounds silly, I know. When I was in Rays gang, sometimes I would think, why not runaway from here and get him back? But then I would deny the fact that he would even accept me back.

3.Anger
I was very angry in myself.

4.Bargaining-Praying
I would pray for him to be okay in the future and I begged for my forgiveness.

5.Guilt
I was very guilty for leaving him without a proper verbal explanation; but I was also guilty for breaking his heart.

6.Depression
Depressed all day, all night.

7.Acceptance
I accepted not being with him, back then.

"Hello?" I heard Cameron say, as I knocked back into focus, to see him snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Oh. Urm, yeah." I said.

"I'll pick you up in ten minutes?" He says.

"Okay then." I smiled and headed into my house.

"I'm back!" I yelled, hoping to get a response from one of my family members.

"Come here a sec!" Mum yelled back.

I'm guessing she's in the living room? I took off my shoes and headed into the living room. I came across mum, dad, Maisie, Taylor and Lily.

"Hello Taylor." I greeted with a smile.

"Hey Ciara." He greeted back, also with a smile.

"What's up?" I asked Mum, as I faced her with a concerned look.

"Sweetie. You seriously need to consider moving out." Mum said.

I've only been back a week and mum hasn't stopped bragging on about how I should find my own place. I've been searching everyday; it's just difficult to find the right one. I want something that's nice, but not too expensive.

"I have considered moving out, but it takes time mum." I argued.

"I know it does sweetie. I can help you if you want?" She offered.

"It's okay mum. I'll continue searching though." I said.

"Alright sweetie." She smiled, and I smiled back.

"Are you doing anything today?" Dad asked me.

"Well Cameron invited me to go to the beach with him and some of our friends." I explained.

"We're going to." Taylor said.

"Oh." I said, unaware.

"Well I'll be down in five minutes. You can come with me and Cameron if you want." I said to Maisie and Taylor.

"We'll be fine. Taylor's my lift." Maisie said, as she smirked at Taylor.

"Okay then." I responded and hurried up the stairs.

*At the Beach*

I was doing what most girls do at the beach; sunbathe. I admit, it's boring but it's better than being buried under the sand.

As I laid on my front, reading tweets off my phone, the sun was blocked by a figure standing in the way.

"Your in the way of the sun." I groaned.

"You don't need the sun." The voice spoke.

"Cameron." I warned.

"Come on Ciara. Have some fun with us boys!" He begged.

"I don't want to get buried Cameron." I said.

His idea of fun is usually burying me under the sand. It really isn't fun. It's hot and uncomfortable.

"We're playing volleyball in the sea Ciara." He said.

"Oooh." I said, sounding more interested.

I stood up and fixed my bikini top and swim shorts. I looked up to see Cameron staring at me, not moving a single muscle.

"Come on Cam!" I exclaimed and ran towards the others.

*****

"And thats how she moved onto Gilinsky." Jack J - JJ - explained to me.

After the beach, we went our separate ways to get changed, and meet each over back at The SteakHouse Restaurant. I was sitting with JJ to my left, and Caitlin to my right. JJ explained to me how Madison is with the boys.

From what he's told me, she sounds like a floozy; but I don't see her as one. She seems so lovely and sweet. But as the saying goes, looks can be deceiving.

Knowing that she use to date Cameron, made me very envious. She's gorgeous and full of energy. Im not surprised he did court with her.

"Do you still love him?" JJ asked me, in a whisper tone.

I still do. I always have, and I always will.

I nodded in response. JJ smiled in return.

I turned to look at Cameron. He was laughing, and he genuinely looked ever so happy. Trying to let him go was such a difficult, and un-easy thing to do, and I couldn't do it. I still cant. I really want to tell him that I love him; but if I did, how would he react?

How would he react?

How would he react?

How would he react?

I caught a glimpse of Cameron looking directly at me. This is awkward...

I presented a smile, and luckily received one back.