27

*Ciara's P.O.V - Next Day*

Everyone was invited round my mums house. When I say everyone, I mean myself, Cameron, Nash, Caitlin and Chris. Taylor and Maisie were already here. I had Lily sitting on my lap.

"Why have you brung us all here mum?" I asked.

"It wasn't actually me. It was your sister." She informed and sat on the arm rest of dad's chair. He wrapped his arm around her; causing me to smile. It was a cute sight to see.

All eyes were now on Maisie. Her facial expressions changed every now and then. She went from nervousness to eagerness and finally, excited. Whatever it is, it must be important.

"What's going on?" Nash asked.

"Well I've brought you all here today because we have some exciting news." She smiles lightly and looks up at Taylor.

We were all patiently waiting; well some of us were. Nash and Chris would look eager and silently say hurry up.

"I'm pregnant." She revealed.

The atmosphere was silent. Obviously it's unexpected. I however felt so happy and excited! I passed Lily over to Cameron and ran up to the two left standing. I gave them both a massive hug.

"Congratulations guys. I'm so happy for you both!" I said to Maisie and Taylor.

I turned to face the others.

"I'm going to be an aunt!" I yelled in excitement.

Cameron and the others laughed. They all stood up and walked towards us, hugging both my sister and Taylor. My mum and dad were still seated. I gave them the 'don't start' look. They both rolled their eyes.

"Come on mum, dad. Don't look so disappointed." Maisie said, clearly seeing the expressions on their face as well.

"Im not disappointed in you sweetie. And I don't think your mother is either." Dad said in a reassuring tone.

"What's wrong then?" Maisie asked. Sadness is strong in her tone.

"We just didn't expect this to happen. Your-" Mum begun to explain but I cut her off.

"Young?" I said, slightly annoyed.

"Age shouldn't be brought into this mum. She's obviously going to keep the baby and no ones opinion will change that." I said, backing Maisie up.

"You two, come into the kitchen with me." Mum pleaded looking at me and Maisie.

I sighed and got up, following her into the kitchen with Maisie behind.

"I never said that she wouldn't keep it sweetie,"

I never said that she did.

Sometimes people need to clean their ears out and fully listen to what I say. Even if that includes my mother.

"Having a child is a huge responsibility and it puts a massive weight on your shoulders." Mum continued to explain.

"Right, you have a point but surely she's learnt the basics. She knows how to look after young children, Lily for example. She's had that chance of responsibility when she's looked after Lily. She would be a brilliant mother." I said looking at Maisie.

"She has a name." Maisie muttered, sounding annoyed.

"Sorry." Both mum and I apologised.

I looked back at mum with a pleading look.