Ch. 10: Greg James?!

“Hey!” Zayn exclaimed, popping his head in my office door. I looked up from my manuscript and smiled.

“What’s up?”

“Big news!” he said, closing the door behind him and coming to sit in the chair across from my desk.

“Okay!?”

“Well you know how the band tried out to do an acoustic performance on the radio?”

“Wait, what?”

“Shit! I forgot Lou wanted to keep it from you until we found out anything for sure or not!” he face palmed.

“Well tell me now!!”

“Okay, a while ago Harry was listening to BBC Radio 1 and they had offered to showcase any local talent, so we just got back from an audition, and they liked us, and they want us to do a live song or two this Friday on the Breakfast Show!!!”

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!”

“NO!”

“THAT’S AWESOME!”

“I KNOW! I’M FREAKING OUT!”

“I’m so happy for you guys,” I smiled stupidly.

“I want you to come with us,” he said.

“Well….if you insist…” I said jokingly, “It’s going to be so awesome to meet Nick Grimshaw.”

“Oh yeah, don’t you have a secret crush on him?” Zayn asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Psh, no! ….It’s Greg James,” I laughed.

“Lou’s gunna be on his guard!”

“Oh whatevs, he doesn’t have anything to worry about!”

          There was a knock on the door and my boss, Cassie, came in. “Hey guys, wanna go get some lunch?” he asked.

“Sure!” We followed her down to the café and ordered our usual.

----

          “Excited?” Louis nudged me as we entered the building for their live radio performance.

“Not as much as you are, I’m sure,” I replied, following the five guys in the elevator. We were going to floor three and on floor two the doors dinged open and in walked Nick Grimshaw himself. He looked us over and said, “Oh hey! You’re One Direction! I was just coming up to meet you! I’m Nick Grimshaw.” He stuck his hand out to each of us and when he finally came to me he said, “I don’t remember a girl being in the band!”

“No I’m not, I’m Louis’ fiancé!” I explained with a smile.

“Ah! When’s the wedding?” he asked happily.

“August 14th,” Louis answered, intertwining our fingers with a silly grin.

“Well I expect an invitation!” exclaimed Nick.

“Will do,” I laughed as the doors dinged open. We followed him through the halls and offices to the studio where Niall set his guitar up and started tuning it and getting ready.

          “So we’ll play a few songs on the radio before introducing you guys and then you can play…what songs did you decide?” Nick asked.

“Uh, What Makes You Beautiful and Little Things,” Harry answered.

“Sounds perfect, can’t wait to hear! Alright, I have to get back to the show, but we’ll be ready for you soon!” he replied before leaving us to our selves. The boys started talking over who would harmonize what and which songs should be sung in what key. I was sat in the corner watching my little musicians and smiling. The room we were in had two walls that were lined with windows showing out into the hallway from which we came. When I looked out one of the window walls I saw none other than a tired looking Greg James. He looked over at me and smiled and then assessed the rest of the boys before deciding to come in. He made his way over to me, coffee in hand and said,