Ch. 15: I love you, ya know?

It had been a week since making up with Louis. Things with me and Danielle were fine, but I have yet to talk to Liam. He’s been on call a lot this week, and I’ve been busy with work, and even though he texts me, trying to get things worked out, I haven’t replied yet.

          Louis and I were laying in bed on a Saturday morning, not quite ready to start the day yet when his phone buzzed. He read his text and said, “Shoot.”

“What?”

“I can’t go wedding cake tasting with you today. Remember, I told Audrey and your dad I’d help them get the feel of driving over here?”

“Oh yeah…well, we can reschedule the cake appointment…”

“We have almost four months until the wedding, and the baker has orders booked through 2014, this is the only time available to for the tasting,” he reminded me.

“Well I’d say my maid of honor should come, but Kat is back in Iowa visiting family, remember?”

“Oh yeah, when does she get back?”

“In two days.”

“How about you take Liam. I know he isn’t on call today.” I sat up and looked at Louis.

“Hey, you guys have to sort this out. And I’ll be honest, there’s a part of me that doesn’t really want you two alone, but I’m trusting both of you. I’m trying,” he smiled. I kissed him and said, “How about I just take Harry instead, he’s the best man.”

“Take Liam.”

“But-“

“-Nope. You’re going with him. You can’t be mad at him forever.”

“I’m not mad at him, it’s just I don’t want to deal with the whole awkward tension of it all.”

“Well talk it out and you’ll get past that!”

“Louiiiiiiiiiis….” I whined.

“Joviiiiiiiii…you’re going,” he said, and typed a reply back to Audrey before texting Liam the new plan for the day.

          Moments later Liam was calling Louis who answered it with a cheerful greeting. I was glad they worked things out and understood each other now, but I didn’t want Louis forcing us together.

I could hear Liam clearly through the speakers when he said, “Why can’t you go cake tasting?”

“Prior engagements. Besides, I want you two to work it out.”

“Yeah, but she hates me, mate, she doesn’t even want to talk to me much less look at me. Have Harry go with her or Niall. Niall would love to go to a tasting.”

“Too bad, I want you to go. By the time I get back from London today, I want things worked out with you guys. I’ll text you the address of the bakery, be there at one.” Louis hung up and I glared at him.

“You can’t make two people who don’t want to see each other hang out,” I stated.

“I’m not. I’m making one person who wants to see his friend, and his friend who doesn’t want to see him hang out. Half of said party is willing to see the other.” He smiled smugly at me.

“Ugh, why am I marrying you,” I jokingly teased.

“Because I’m a waaaay better kisser than Liam.”

“I appreciate you’re over the whole thing, but I’d rather not be reminded of it, and I doubt Liam does either,” I said.

“I know, I know. I’m just sayin,” he winked and I reluctantly laughed.