Ch. 23: The End

Louis and I had our own table to ourselves and made our way over to it to take a seat while everyone else filled in to find their designated tables. It was a large room and one half was filled with tables while the other was cleared out for a dance floor and stage with familiar looking equipment set up. Louis told me he would take care of the music for today and now I knew why. One Direction was our entertainment. I smiled and looked to my husband.

“You’re wonderful,” I said.

“You’re gorgeous,” he replied and took my hand in his. We looked up just as Harry and a surprise guest walked up to us.

“Congratulations, you two!” said the one and only Nick Grimshaw.

“Thanks! What are you doing here?” I asked and stood up to give him a hug.

“Well since that day we played at Radio One, Nick and I have been talking and we’ve gotten to be pretty good friends,” Harry explained.

          “And as a wedding gift, I have some news for you guys,” Nick said.

“Go on with it!” Louis exclaimed in excitement.

“I’ve put a good word in about your band to a producer I know…I think you guys have a really good chance at getting a record deal if you want…” he said happily.

Louis attacked him with a hug which while I bombarded Harry.

“How long did you know about this?” I asked in his ear.

“About a month. I wanted to wait to tell everyone until today though. I thought it would just make it all that much better,” he said.

I kissed his cheek and hugged Nick again.

“Look like maybe we’ll be seeing more of each other!” I said to him.

“Good!” he replied.

          Most everyone was seated and chatting amongst themselves and Louis and I decided it would be good to go around and talk to people.

“Let’s get my family out of the way,” I mumbled. We made our way over to the round table that housed my extended family as well as mom and Kenny. I had dad and Audrey sit with Jay and the girls.

“Hi there!” My cousin Fran said upon seeing us. We got along alright, but only when we were around each other, we never sought out to hang out more than we had to.

“Hi! I’m so glad you all could make it!” I said.

“Congratulations,” my Aunt Martha said forcefully. My Uncle Bill gave me a small smile, as did Kenny.

“Beautiful dress,” my grandma Donelle commented, sounding sincere.

“Thanks grandma. I like your ear rings.”

“I bought them just today,” she replied.

“So this is the drama teacher?” my grandpa Seth said disapprovingly.

“Good to meet you, sir,” Louis said and stuck his hand out for a shake. My grandpa pretended to not see and Louis took his hand back awkwardly.

“You chose that kind of dress, dear? It makes your hips look awfully large, don’t you think?” my mother asked.

“Very low cut,” added my Uncle Gary.

“I think my wife looks beautiful. If you have nothing nice to say to us, then please, feel free to leave,” Louis said evenly.

          My grandpa, Aunt Martha, and Uncle Gary all took the opportunity to do just that. Muttering about how they wanted to go sightseeing more than anything anyway. I looked around at my other family, excluding my mom, and said again, “Well thank you for coming, you didn’t have to.”