Ch. 20: A Not so Memorable Night

“JOVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I shot out of bed, scared shitless and looked all around to find Louis and Lottie standing at the foot of my bed laughing their heads off at my unpleasant wake up call. It had been a week since Lottie got out of the hospital and the police found Lana’s ‘boyfriend’ and he was looking at a few years in jail for multiple counts of abuse and sexual harassment and violence. However, Lottie lost Lana as a friend, because she ‘betrayed’ her by telling the police. She ‘really loved him’ and wasn’t sure if she could move on without him. Thankfully Lottie saw how ridiculous this sounded and even though she was upset about losing a friend, she was glad that she did the right thing.

          “What guys!?” I exclaimed, unhappy about my unexpected alarm.

“We’re hungry…make breakfast?” Louis asked.

“Just used the waffle maker,” I grumbled and hid myself under my sheets.

“Buuuuuuuut….last time I used the waffle maker I burned the waffles…” Louis said.

“Then Lottie can make them.”

“I already tried…” she said cautiously.

“Don’t tell me you burned them too?” I asked and sat back up. She gave a guilty smile and I said, “Pancakes it is, let me shower first.”

          They smiled and left me to it. I showered quickly, not wanting to keep them waiting too long, and after changing and pulling my wet hair into a ponytail, I strolled out to find the siblings in the living room playing Mario kart wii.

“Who wants what in their pancakes?!” I asked as I got the mix down from the cabinet.

“Plain!” Lottie yelled.

“Blueberries!” Louis replied, their eyes still glued to the TV.

I easily made their allotted stacks and set their plates down in front of them. After finishing their final race – Louis winning by one point – they dug in. I made my usual chocolate chip pancakes and joined them in the living room.

“Next time I spend the night, can we do French toast?” asked Lottie.

“Yeah, that can work,” I agreed.

“Are you excited for today?” she asked.

“What is today?”

“You really don’t remember?!”

“I feel like I should…”

“Your guy’s stag and hen parties!” she exclaimed.

“OH YEAH!” Louis remembered.

“How did you know that was today?” I asked.

“It’s written on your calendar by your front door,” she stated the obvious.

“We really should look at that more…” I mumbled.

“Why is it so early?” she asked.

“No other time worked for everyone else but tonight,” I explained.

“The guys said they’d pick me up at five. I’m excited to figure out what Harry’s got planned for the night!” Louis exclaimed.

          “Katrina said Ashley would pick me up at five too…I bet you they cross referenced so we wouldn’t bump into each other tonight.”

“I can’t believe you’re wedding is in one and a half weeks,” Lottie said.

“You can’t believe it? I can’t! It’s coming up so fast!” I replied.